user account control

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

zumba

user account control
When I turn my computer on I get a pop up box from user account control that
says a program needs your permission to continue - it is norton protection
center symantec corp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does
this, I know its not safe to turn the user account control off, my friend has
the same computer same everything and his does not do this. If anyone can
help with this issue please let me know.
Mick Murphy

RE: user account control

A lot of probs with norton and Vista.
Uninstall norton completely, and install the above Avast Free 4 Home
anti-virus, which is free and vista 32bit and 64bit compatible.

Cheers!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"zumba" wrote:

> When I turn my computer on I get a pop up box from user account control that
> says a program needs your permission to continue - it is norton protection
> center symantec corp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does
> this, I know its not safe to turn the user account control off, my friend has
> the same computer same everything and his does not do this. If anyone can
> help with this issue please let me know.

Charlie42

Re: user account control
"zumba" <zumba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When I turn my computer on I get a pop up box from user account control
> that says a program needs your permission to continue - it is norton
> protection center symantec corp. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and
> it
> still does this, I know its not safe to turn the user account control off,
> my
> friend has the same computer same everything and his does not do this.
> If anyone can help with this issue please let me know.

There is a workaround utilising the Application Compatibility Toolkit that
might work for you. The Microsoft KB article describing how to disable the
UAC prompt for a certain application only is currently unavailable, but I
found a link with some brief step-by-step instructions. You should give it a
try.

How to disable the UAC prompt for a certain application only:
http://blog.tiensivu.com/aaron/archi...tion-only.html

Download App Compatibility Toolkit 5.0:

Charlie42

Tom Lofthouse

Re: user account control
Hey, I have the same issue with a graphics card application on my main
desktop, I just click the allow blocked item every time it pops up. Norton
works alright with vista now, Im running it on my laptop and i have no
problems with it, if anything its less 'in your face' on vista than xp.

news0B9E581-8122-4E82-80AC-C58E76403280@microsoft.com...