Product Key for Vista Ultimate

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

bobczar

Product Key for Vista Ultimate
My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used the
Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My problem
is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded my
laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID from
the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate with
this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code and
in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support?? Can I
find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't want to
pay for the upgrade twice....
Mark

Re: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
WAU product key is embedded in the Executable Upgrade License file you get
from WAU.
While you can look at it with Belarc (once installed) or in the license file
with Notepad, it won't do you any good.
You do not need the key to upgrade, you need the license file.

You must have Home Premium installed and activated for this license to work
as an upgrade.

"bobczar" <bobczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used
> the
> Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My
> problem
> is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded my
> laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
> security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID
> from
> the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate
> with
> this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code
> and
> in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support?? Can I
> find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't want
> pay for the upgrade twice....

bobczar

Re: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
Thanks for the reply Mark, my question is than once taken back to factory
settings I just need to place my upgrade disk in and it shoud upgrade without
prompting me to purchase again? I have the product ID 20 digit key, is this
the license file? If not where can I find this file to make a copy of?
Thanks in advance. I have just been getting the run around from MS.

"Mark" wrote:

> WAU product key is embedded in the Executable Upgrade License file you get
> from WAU.
> While you can look at it with Belarc (once installed) or in the license file
> with Notepad, it won't do you any good.
> You do not need the key to upgrade, you need the license file.
>
> You must have Home Premium installed and activated for this license to work
> as an upgrade.
>
> "bobczar" <bobczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used
> > the
> > Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My
> > problem
> > is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded my
> > laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
> > security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID
> > from
> > the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate
> > with
> > this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code
> > and
> > in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support?? Can I
> > find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't want
> > pay for the upgrade twice....

Gary Mount

Re: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
If you don't know where your "license" for the upgrade is, then...
From Microsoft...
"A personal digital locker is created for you when you purchase a Windows
Vista upgrade. Your digital locker stores your product keys and purchase
information which, when used together, allow you to reinstall your upgrade
if necessary. A copy of your upgrade is also stored in your digital locker.

To access your upgrade in your digital locker for recovery:

Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the digital locker
icon. Alternatively, you can go directly to the Digital Locker website.
"
https://digitallocker.windowsmarketp...spx?limode=wau

> Thanks for the reply Mark, my question is than once taken back to factory
> settings I just need to place my upgrade disk in and it shoud upgrade
> without
> prompting me to purchase again? I have the product ID 20 digit key, is
> this
> the license file? If not where can I find this file to make a copy of?
> Thanks in advance. I have just been getting the run around from MS.
>
> "Mark" wrote:
>
>> WAU product key is embedded in the Executable Upgrade License file you
>> get
>> from WAU.
>> While you can look at it with Belarc (once installed) or in the license
>> file
>> with Notepad, it won't do you any good.
>> You do not need the key to upgrade, you need the license file.
>>
>> You must have Home Premium installed and activated for this license to
>> work
>> as an upgrade.
>>
>> "bobczar" <bobczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used
>> > the
>> > Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My
>> > problem
>> > is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded
>> > my
>> > laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
>> > security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID
>> > from
>> > the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate
>> > with
>> > this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code
>> > and
>> > in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support??
>> > Can I
>> > find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't
>> > want
>> > pay for the upgrade twice....

bobczar

Re: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
Thank you very much Gary it worked now I can redo my laptop

"Gary Mount" wrote:

> If you don't know where your "license" for the upgrade is, then...
> From Microsoft...
> "A personal digital locker is created for you when you purchase a Windows
> Vista upgrade. Your digital locker stores your product keys and purchase
> information which, when used together, allow you to reinstall your upgrade
> if necessary. A copy of your upgrade is also stored in your digital locker.
>
> To access your upgrade in your digital locker for recovery:
>
> Click Start, and then click Control Panel. Double-click the digital locker
> icon. Alternatively, you can go directly to the Digital Locker website.
> "
> https://digitallocker.windowsmarketp...spx?limode=wau
>

> "bobczar" <bobczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply Mark, my question is than once taken back to factory
> > settings I just need to place my upgrade disk in and it shoud upgrade
> > without
> > prompting me to purchase again? I have the product ID 20 digit key, is
> > this
> > the license file? If not where can I find this file to make a copy of?
> > Thanks in advance. I have just been getting the run around from MS.
> >
> > "Mark" wrote:
> >
> >> WAU product key is embedded in the Executable Upgrade License file you
> >> get
> >> from WAU.
> >> While you can look at it with Belarc (once installed) or in the license
> >> file
> >> with Notepad, it won't do you any good.
> >> You do not need the key to upgrade, you need the license file.
> >>
> >> You must have Home Premium installed and activated for this license to
> >> work
> >> as an upgrade.

just bob

Re: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
Call MS and they will give you at least one free call for this.

"bobczar" <bobczar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used
> the
> Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My
> problem
> is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded my
> laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
> security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID
> from
> the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate
> with
> this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code
> and
> in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support?? Can I
> find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't want
> pay for the upgrade twice....

JackTrust

RE: Product Key for Vista Ultimate
Find out your Windows Product Key and ID with the program from this site;

http://www.rjlsoftware.com/software/...winproductkey/

Have a nice day.

"bobczar" wrote:

> My laptop came with Vista Home Premium Edition installed on it. I used the
> Window Anytime upgrade disk to upgrade to Ultimate which it did. My problem
> is that it did not give me a 25 key for the upgrade. It just upgraded my
> laptop. I now need to take the laptop back to factory settings due to
> security issues with the media player and all I have is the product ID from
> the My computer property page. Can I upgrade my machine to the Ultimate with
> this 20 number code or do I need the 25 key code? I don't have the code and
> in contacting Windows they want $59. just to talk to tech support?? Can I
> find this code in the registry? Any help is appreciated, for I don't want to
> pay for the upgrade twice....

daddymuonso muonso

hello
pls im daddymuonso i want to activate my windows vista ultimate pls i need the product key for ativattion
Richard G. Harper

Re: hello
GOBUY-ACOPY-FROMA-STORE-SOON!

"daddymuonso muonso" wrote in message
> pls im daddymuonso i want to activate my windows vista ultimate pls i need
> the product key for ativattion

Steve Pearce

Re: hello
On Mon, 19 May 2008 23:41:54 -0700, daddymuonso muonso wrote:

>pls im daddymuonso i want to activate my windows vista ultimate pls i need the product key for ativattion

call: 1-800-382-5968