error kb944533

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

David E

error kb944533
i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
--
David E, Yep thats me!!!
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Re: error kb944533

> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?

I would try downloading the EXE and install it manually as Admin, rather
than relying automatic update.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
Mark

Re: error kb944533
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/944533
You could go here, download each component/hotfix of this update and try to
find which one is causing the problem.

"David E" <DavidE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then
> it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!

tarheel

RE: error kb944533
Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
suggestions?

"David E" wrote:

> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!

Hank Arnold (MVP)

Re: error kb944533
First thing is to:

1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
4) Access MU and try again.

Have you tried to Google the problem?

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold

tarheel wrote:
> Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
> tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
> update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
> everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
> suggestions?
>
> "David E" wrote:
>
>> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
>> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
>> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
>> --
>> David E, Yep thats me!!!

David E

Re: error kb944533
MU? what is that?.....
--
David E, Yep thats me!!!

"Hank Arnold (MVP)" wrote:

> First thing is to:
>
> 1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
> 2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
> 3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
> 4) Access MU and try again.
>
> Have you tried to Google the problem?
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Hank Arnold
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Server - Directory Services
>
> tarheel wrote:
> > Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install. i've
> > tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
> > update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
> > everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
> > suggestions?
> >
> > "David E" wrote:
> >
> >> i have installed this about a million times and have tried everything it
> >> downloads fine and then i start the computer, it gets about 66% and then it
> >> configures errors an sets back to old setting, what is going on?
> >> --
> >> David E, Yep thats me!!!

Dave

Re: error kb944533
I think he meant WU (Windows Update).

--
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> MU? what is that?.....
> --
> David E, Yep thats me!!!
>

> "Hank Arnold (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> First thing is to:
>>
>> 1) Stop the Automatic Updates service
>> 2) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\Windows Update.log file
>> 3) Delete or rename the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
>> 4) Access MU and try again.
>>
>> Have you tried to Google the problem?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>> Hank Arnold
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Server - Directory Services
>>
>> tarheel wrote:
>> > Same here also. I have about 8 updates that just will not install.
>> > i've
>> > tried doing individually, waiting a few weeks to see if there's another
>> > update that will help etc. I finally had to turn auto updates off b/c
>> > everyday it's trying to configure 8-10 updates. Does anyone have other
>> > suggestions?

WEASEL3000

Re: error kb944533

Same problem. Also 8 update failed installation and took a long long
time configuring, installing. They are KB 943899,
946456,943302,943055,944533,946026,938371,905866.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix it?

--
WEASEL3000