Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Iguana

Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my consent?

If so, what files can be deleted?

Can files be accessed by them the same way?

Again, if so, does anyone have a link to website documenting this?

Cheers,
Iguana

Straight Talk

Re: Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:38:28 -0000, "Iguana" <hairnet@f2s.com> wrote:

>Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my consent?

Stuff like auto update can probably do anything on any windows version
including vista.

>If so, what files can be deleted?

Probably all.

>Can files be accessed by them the same way?

Probably yes.

>Again, if so, does anyone have a link to website documenting this?

What makes you believe they would delete files that weren't meant to
be deleted?
Malke

Re: Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
Iguana wrote:

(snip multipost)

Asked and answered in the other newsgroup to which you poste (and the answer
was "no" to all). Please don't multipost; it makes more work for everyone
and will get you *less* help, not more. See this for why:

http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting

If you have forgotten where you posted or can't find your post, use Google
Groups Advanced Search and search for your name.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
mikeyhsd

Re: Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
YES to all of the above .

microsoft has access to all system files for windows and can play with them to its heart content during update process.

if you have forgotten where all you have posted , simply check your sent items folder to see where your posts are and go check there for answers.

prevents our net nanny from getting upset.

mikeyhsd@sprintpcs.com

"Iguana" <hairnet@f2s.com> wrote in message news:47bd62b5$0$8420$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my consent?

If so, what files can be deleted?

Can files be accessed by them the same way?

Again, if so, does anyone have a link to website documenting this?

Cheers,
Iguana

Mark

Re: Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
Read your EULA.

"Straight Talk" <b__nice@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:38:28 -0000, "Iguana" <hairnet@f2s.com> wrote:
>
> >Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my

consent?

> Stuff like auto update can probably do anything on any windows version
> including vista.
>
> >If so, what files can be deleted?

> Probably all.
>
> >Can files be accessed by them the same way?

> Probably yes.
>
> >Again, if so, does anyone have a link to website documenting this?

> What makes you believe they would delete files that weren't meant to
> be deleted?

Iguana

Re: Microsoft accessing a computer through VISTA??
Fair enough. I heard a rumour on the net before VISTA was released that
they could do that.

Something to prevent folk using pirate software or downloading music.

If it is wrong, it is wrong.

Iguana

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:13:41 -0000, "Iguana" <hairnet@f2s.com> wrote:

>Fair enough. I heard a rumour on the net before VISTA was released that
>they could do that.
>
>Something to prevent folk using pirate software or downloading music.
>
>If it is wrong, it is wrong.

Erhmmm. I thought I clearly indicated the opposite.

Bottom line is, if you don't trust MS you shouldn't run windows.
Bruce Chambers

mikeyhsd wrote:
> YES to all of the above .

I don't suppose you'd care to provide just a little documentation or
evidence to support your assertions, would you? I won't be holding my
breathe.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:

killed a great many philosophers.
~ Denis Diderot
Chris Game

On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:38:28 -0000, Iguana wrote:

> Can Microsoft delete files on my computer through VISTA without my
> consent?
>
> If so, what files can be deleted?
>
> Can files be accessed by them the same way?

Yes, apparently your system files are available as shares on your
network, google for 'administrative shares windows'.

--
Chris Game

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand."
-- Homer Simpson