Kaspersky Anti-Virus & Internet Security 7.0: Critical Fix 1 (version 7.0.1.325)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Kaspersky Anti-Virus & Internet Security 7.0: Critical Fix 1 (version 7.0.1.325)
<QP>
Concerning:

Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)

On February, 19th 2008 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 1
for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. The full
version number is 7.0.1.325.

IMPROVEMENTS compared to version 7.0.1.321:

=> Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer,
Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been
fixed.

=> Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.

=> Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating system
when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.

In order to install Critical Fix 1, do the following:

=> download version 7.0.1.325 from the Kaspersky Lab’s official site:
http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
=> run the downloaded file
=> install the latest product version
=> restart your computer
</QP>
Source: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis...?qid=208279696
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

BoaterDave

Re: Kaspersky Anti-Virus & Internet Security 7.0: Critical Fix 1 (version 7.0.1.325)
Thank you for the information, Robear. My KAV7 is now updated to 325.

As the AumHa VSOP & Admin, are you going to honour your promise - to have
simply suspended me for 7 days and then be reinstated, or do you want me to
play games with re-registering? I was becoming quite fond of being a Gold
member! I was also considering making a donation once I was sure that there
are no 'bad apples' at AumHa.

BD

> <QP>
> Concerning:
>
> Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
> Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>
> On February, 19th 2008 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 1
> for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. The full
> version number is 7.0.1.325.
>
> IMPROVEMENTS compared to version 7.0.1.321:
>
> => Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet
> Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is
> running has been fixed.
>
> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
> applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.
>
> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating
> system when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.
>
> In order to install Critical Fix 1, do the following:
>
> => download version 7.0.1.325 from the Kaspersky Lab’s official site:
> http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
> => run the downloaded file
> => install the latest product version
> => restart your computer
> </QP>
> Source: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis...?qid=208279696
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

kaspersky_user

Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and WindowsXP -Virus Protection O

Thank you for this message. It is very helpful. It's nice to find a fellow
kaspersky user. So far, the information i studied has not been sufficient. I
am contacting the two corporations. I need to get help from users and
authorities more, too. I encountered a problem with the security center. The
Virus Protection is now OFF. It has always been ON except recently so i have
a hunch it isnt a problem with compatibility. . Im not sure why it turned
OFF. (I read in http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support-case.php that
the problem might bein windows not kaspersky. ) I did not change any setting
before and during this incident.

By any chance, would you know how to enable Virus Protection under the
Windows Security Update of Windows XP?To resolve this, which settings should
I change? And are they the settings of Windows or Kaspesky 7.0.1.325? :-)

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> <QP>
> Concerning:
>
> Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
> Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>
> On February, 19th 2008 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 1
> for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. The full
> version number is 7.0.1.325.
>
> IMPROVEMENTS compared to version 7.0.1.321:
>
> => Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer,
> Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been
> fixed.
>
> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
> applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.
>
> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating system
> when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.
>
> In order to install Critical Fix 1, do the following:
>
> => download version 7.0.1.325 from the Kaspersky Lab’s official site:
> http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
> => run the downloaded file
> => install the latest product version
> => restart your computer
> </QP>
> Source: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis...?qid=208279696
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and WindowsXP -Virus Protection O
I don't think the behavior you're encountering is related to your install of
KIS v7.x (not am a Kasperky user).

There is a very good chance that you are seeing the affects of a hijackware
infection.

NB: Run the FULL scan, not the QUICK scan!

2. WinXP ONLY!! => Run the Windows Live Safety Center's 'Protection' scan

logs in an appropriate forum, not here.

Checking for/Help with Hijackware
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4075
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

**Seek expert assistance in
or other appropriate forums.**

kaspersky_user wrote:
> Thank you for this message. It is very helpful. It's nice to find a fellow
> kaspersky user. So far, the information i studied has not been sufficient.
> am contacting the two corporations. I need to get help from users and
> authorities more, too. I encountered a problem with the security center.
> The Virus Protection is now OFF. It has always been ON except recently so
> i have a hunch it isnt a problem with compatibility. . Im not sure why it
> turned OFF. (I read in
> http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support-case.php that the problem
> might bein windows not kaspersky. ) I did not change any setting before
> and during this incident.
>
> By any chance, would you know how to enable Virus Protection under the
> Windows Security Update of Windows XP?To resolve this, which settings
> should
> I change? And are they the settings of Windows or Kaspesky 7.0.1.325? :-)
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> <QP>
>> Concerning:
>>
>> Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>> Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>>
>> On February, 19th 2008 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 1
>> for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. The full
>> version number is 7.0.1.325.
>>
>> IMPROVEMENTS compared to version 7.0.1.321:
>>
>> => Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet
>> Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is
>> running has been fixed.
>>
>> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
>> applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.
>>
>> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating
>> system
>> when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.
>>
>> In order to install Critical Fix 1, do the following:
>>
>> => download version 7.0.1.325 from the Kaspersky Lab’s official site:
>> http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
>> => run the downloaded file
>> => install the latest product version
>> => restart your computer
>> </QP>
>> Source: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis...?qid=208279696
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

John A

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 and WindowsXP -Virus Protection O
You should update your Kaspersky to version 8

If the "K" icon in your tray is red then your Kasperski is on and
working, regardless of what the Windows Security Centre says. If the
"K" icon is grey then Kasperski is not working.

See
http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php...ecurity+centre
for an example of how to fix the problem

Suggest you post your problem at http://forum.kaspersky.com/

On Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:10:08 -0700, kaspersky_user
<kaspersky_user@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you for this message. It is very helpful. It's nice to find a fellow
>kaspersky user. So far, the information i studied has not been sufficient. I
>am contacting the two corporations. I need to get help from users and
>authorities more, too. I encountered a problem with the security center. The
>Virus Protection is now OFF. It has always been ON except recently so i have
>a hunch it isnt a problem with compatibility. . Im not sure why it turned
>OFF. (I read in http://usa.kaspersky.com/support/home-support-case.php that
>the problem might bein windows not kaspersky. ) I did not change any setting
>before and during this incident.
>
>By any chance, would you know how to enable Virus Protection under the
>Windows Security Update of Windows XP?To resolve this, which settings should
>I change? And are they the settings of Windows or Kaspesky 7.0.1.325? :-)
>

>"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> <QP>
>> Concerning:
>>
>> Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>> Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0 MP1 (build 7.0.1.321)
>>
>> On February, 19th 2008 Kaspersky Labs announces release of Critical Fix 1
>> for Kaspersky Anti-Virus 7.0\ Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0. The full
>> version number is 7.0.1.325.
>>
>> IMPROVEMENTS compared to version 7.0.1.321:
>>
>> => Error that caused computer and web browsers (Microsoft Internet Explorer,
>> Mozilla, Firefox) to slow down when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been
>> fixed.
>>
>> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of Microsoft Office 2007
>> applications when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is running has been fixed.
>>
>> => Error that caused slowdown during loading of computer's operating system
>> when Kaspersky Anti-Virus is installed has been fixed.
>>
>> In order to install Critical Fix 1, do the following:
>>
>> => download version 7.0.1.325 from the Kaspersky Lab’s official site:
>> http://www.kaspersky.com/productupdates
>> => run the downloaded file
>> => install the latest product version
>> => restart your computer
>> </QP>
>> Source: http://www.kaspersky.com/support/kis...?qid=208279696
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

BoaterDave

Membership at Aumha forums

"BoaterDave" wrote:

> Thank you for the information, Robear. My KAV7 is now updated to 325.
>
> As the AumHa VSOP & Admin, are you going to honour your promise - to have me
> simply suspended me for 7 days and then be reinstated - or do you want me to
> play games with re-registering? I was becoming quite fond of being a Gold
> member! I was also considering making a donation once I was *sure* that there
> are no 'bad apples' at AumHa.
>
> BD

Hello again, Robear

No response has yet been received from you - or I've missed it (if so I
apologise!)

For the record, please will you confirm exactly why Jim has excluded me from
the Aumha forums? Was it simply because I was using a Corporate version of
Symantec A/V?

--
Tenacious Dave - just wanted to draw attention to this again!

Peter Foldes

Spam
Pure and simple Spam

--
Peter

KristleBawl

Re: Spam
Peter Foldes expressed an opinion:
> Pure and simple Spam

I prefer my Spam hot and spicy, right out of the can.

--
KristleBawl
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Taglines by http://tagzilla.mozdev.org
mikeyhsd

Re: Spam
NOPE,

we prefer ours in a can.

not some misguided idiot's version.

mikeyhsd@hotmail.com

"Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eFaxVdJbKHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
Pure and simple Spam

--
Peter

~BD~

Re: Membership at Aumha forums
BoaterDave wrote:

> "BoaterDave" wrote:
>
>> Thank you for the information, Robear. My KAV7 is now updated to 325.
>>
>> As the AumHa VSOP & Admin, are you going to honour your promise - to have me
>> simply suspended me for 7 days and then be reinstated - or do you wantme to
>> play games with re-registering? I was becoming quite fond of being a Gold
>> member! I was also considering making a donation once I was *sure* that there
>> are no 'bad apples' at AumHa.
>>
>> BD

> Hello again, Robear
>
> No response has yet been received from you - or I've missed it (if so I
> apologise!)
>
> For the record, please will you confirm exactly why Jim has excluded mefrom
> the Aumha forums? Was it simply because I was using a Corporate versionof
> Symantec A/V?
>
> --
> Tenacious Dave - just wanted to draw attention to this again!

I still see this:

****************

However, if you wish to make a monetary donation (of any amount), it
will be gratefully accepted. Whether as an act of support, an
appreciation, or simply a gift, I thank you for it in advance.

I maintain this site because I love it. It has never been intended to be
commercial. As long as I have a working phone line for my modem and
electricity to power the computer, I suspect it will be here. I am
fortunate to have one of the finest commercial-grade Web hosts that
exists. I hope you find the site to be interesting and helpful.
Occasionally, site visitors ask how they may lend financial support in
appreciation for this service. I am willing to accept your gifts, with
warm thanks.

— Jim Eshelman

http://aumha.org/donate.htm

If I make a donation, might I be able to be included amongst the select
few again? Perhaps it depends on how much I pay. May I have some
guideline please?

--
Dave (wondering if anyone else watching here is a member. Anyone?)