Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

fme008 via WindowsKB.com

Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs
ever since i install Kaspersky 7 i have noticed that it seems to make my
computer slow down. Sometimes when i go on the internet it will once in a
while just freeze for a sec then continue.

Also some 3rd party programs seems to have problems. Take gunbound (internet
game) for example:

(copy and paste from other forum)

Hello, ever since I first installed KAS 7 (Kaspersky Antivirus) (registered)
My GunBound Revolution game cannot start

My gunbound gives me the error:

Message Code: 30003

GameGuard Error: 114
Failed to initialize GameMon. Try rebooting or closing possible programs that
can cause a collison.

then my windows froze.

Only when I uninstall KAS 7 then it works... (or exit KAS), but then it gets
annoying that i have to exit antivirus to play gb then restart it later.

Please help, i want to keep Kaspersky 7 antivirus and able to play gunbound
too

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs
Uninstall Kaspersky 7 and then try Windows OneCare:
http://onecare.live.com/standard/en-us/default.htm

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"fme008 via WindowsKB.com" <u31800@uwe> wrote in message news:800ac76df98c7@uwe...
[...]

Kayman

Re: Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:34:23 GMT, fme008 via WindowsKB.com wrote:

<snip>
> Please help, i want to keep Kaspersky 7 antivirus and able to play gunbound too

Go to:
http://forum.kaspersky.com/
or
uninstall KAV7
http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversi...hp/t37641.html
and got to:
Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
(Choose Custom Installation and under Resident
Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.)
Nicholas Hall

Re: Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs
Why on earth would anyone want to uninstall Kaspersky which has one of the
highest detection rates to move over to a less efficient product???

"Kayman" <kaymanDeleteThis@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 02:34:23 GMT, fme008 via WindowsKB.com wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> Please help, i want to keep Kaspersky 7 antivirus and able to play
>> gunbound too

> Go to:
> http://forum.kaspersky.com/
> or
> uninstall KAV7
> http://forum.kaspersky.com/lofiversi...hp/t37641.html
> and got to:
> Free antivirus - avast! 4 Home Edition
> (Choose Custom Installation and under Resident
> Protection, uncheck: Internet Mail and Outlook/Exchange.)

Straight Talk

Re: Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs
On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:51:28 -0000, "Nicholas Hall"
<niknikNOSPAM1971@btinternet.com> wrote:

>Why on earth would anyone want to uninstall Kaspersky

Why on earth whould anyone want to keep a product that gets in your
way?

>which has one of the highest detection rates

Who cares. The day you really need it, it won't protect you anyway.

>to move over to a less efficient product???

What does "less efficient" mean? - The only thing that matters is
whether it recognizes the specific threat that hits you. That's
random.

Better to not install malware in the first place.
sukhi101

Re: Kaspersky 7 slow down and 3rd party program programs

Kaspersky does make your computer slow. to stop that go on kaspersky
settings and turn off automatic scan. when kaspersky scans your computer
it slows down the computer. you should set your scan once or twice a
week.

--
sukhi101
sukhi101's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/123622.htm