My Laptop now says my windows license is fradulant

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Mark Lynn

My Laptop now says my windows license is fradulant
How did that happen ?? I bought a new Laptop with Vista bundled installed,
my son used it over the weekend and now it says my windows are fradualnt ????
Susan Bradley

Re: My Laptop now says my windows license is fradulant
Mark Lynn wrote:
> How did that happen ?? I bought a new Laptop with Vista bundled installed,
> my son used it over the weekend and now it says my windows are fradualnt ????

First off try rebooting and see if that fixes it.

Next

http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...1004&SiteID=25
Run the MGA diagnostic test and see what it says

Valued Customers,

We understand the inconvenience you are currently experiencing and would
like to provide you with some self-help options we have made available
for our customers. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could
either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional
information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with
“Administrator” rights.

2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most
current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In
order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate
Windows” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the
steps below.

If you could also please follow the steps outlined below, the
diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you
are experiencing with Windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/dia...displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the
checks at the above site fail. If, after attempting to resolve the issue
as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the
link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run”
the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet
Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage
Diagnostic Tool”; you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to
run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after
running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic
tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows”
tab and then click on “Copy”.

2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for
additional review.

Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you
received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to
see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). If you have one,
tell us about the COA. Tell us:

1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or
another version of Windows?

2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4. DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for? See this page for reference:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...ll/en/coa.mspx

NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT
contain any information that can personally identify you and can be
fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Susan Bradley wrote:
> [...]

> additional review.
>

> Step 2 is to look on the computer itself, in the documentation you
> received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to
> see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA). If you have one,
> tell us about the COA. Tell us:
>
> 1. What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or
> another version of Windows?
>
> 2. Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?
>
> 3. Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?
>
> 4. DO NOT post the Product Key.
>
> Not sure what to look for? See this page for reference:
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...ll/en/coa.mspx
>

> NOTE: The data collected with the Genuine Diagnostics Tool does NOT
> contain any information that can personally identify you and can be
> fully reviewed, by you, before being posted.

Windows Vista (TM) Build 6000 This copy of Windows is not Genuine -
Speak to us at Microsoft!:
http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/...9953&SiteID=25

Read that thread.