Can't Select All in the DVD drive

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Man-wai Chang ToDie

Can't Select All in the DVD drive

In fact, I can't do multiple select as well.

How could I restore this function? Related to security?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
Malke

Re: Can't Select All in the DVD drive
Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:

> In fact, I can't do multiple select as well.
>
> How could I restore this function? Related to security?

From MVP Keith Miller:

It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..." -
http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

Then extract the contents of the .zip file & run the script.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Re: Can't Select All in the DVD drive
> From MVP Keith Miller:
> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's machines.
> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select problem.
> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..." -
> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 22:09:01 up 4 days 12:09 0 users load average: 0.01 0.03 0.00

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:

>> From MVP Keith Miller:
>> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's
>> machines. No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it
>> happens. I've written a script that helps MOST people with the
>> multi-select problem. It will remove single-select from saved folder
>> views & saved defaults. Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target
>> As..." - http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

Not that I know of. It's an Explorer (the Windows gui) quirk.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
Man-wai Chang ToDie

Re: Can't Select All in the DVD drive
>> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?
> Not that I know of. It's an Explorer (the Windows gui) quirk.

It smells like reduced functionality. Really ...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 22:27:01 up 4 days 12:27 0 users load average: 0.05 0.04 0.00

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:

>>> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

>> Not that I know of. It's an Explorer (the Windows gui) quirk.

> It smells like reduced functionality. Really ...

I don't agree, but whatever floats your boat. If you don't like Vista, don't
use it. There are lots of alternatives.

EOT for me.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!
FromTheRafters

"Man-wai Chang ToDie" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> From MVP Keith Miller:
>> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's
>> machines.
>> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
>> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select
>> problem.
>> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
>> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..." -
>> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

Not yet! Although sometimes quirky behavior, upon further investigation,
leads to the discovery of exploitable software flaws.

Bob F.

"FromTheRafters" <Erratic@ne.rr.com> wrote in message

> "Man-wai Chang ToDie" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> From MVP Keith Miller:
>>> It's a quirk of Explorer that's been showing up on some people's
>>> machines.
>>> No known cause yet, but it gets saved with folder views once it happens.
>>> I've written a script that helps MOST people with the multi-select
>>> problem.
>>> It will remove single-select from saved folder views & saved defaults.
>>> Right-click the link below & select 'Save Target As..." -
>>> http://mysite.verizon.net/res18hr7/FixSingleSelect.zip

>> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

> Not yet! Although sometimes quirky behavior, upon further investigation,
> leads to the discovery of exploitable software flaws.

We would probably be able to answer this if you had retained enough of
thread for us to read. Otherwise, we don't know what you are talking
about. Most people use the option to hide the files once read and therefore
the history is lost, unless one wants to go through great effort, turn off
the unread message option and wade though the sea of old posts. No going to
happen.
Bob F.

Man-wai Chang ToDie

Re: Can't Select All in the DVD drive
> I don't agree, but whatever floats your boat. If you don't like Vista, don't
> use it. There are lots of alternatives.

Not that I don't like Vi$ta. But this behaviour is really weird.
I don't have that with XP.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.2
^ ^ 16:16:01 up 5 days 6:16 0 users load average: 0.05 0.04 0.01
? ? (CSSA):
FromTheRafters

"Bob F." <bob@furtawNOSPAN.com> wrote in message
> "FromTheRafters" <Erratic@ne.rr.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Man-wai Chang ToDie" <toylet.toylet@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Thanks! Is it related to security after all?

>> Not yet! Although sometimes quirky behavior, upon further investigation,
>> leads to the discovery of exploitable software flaws.

> We would probably be able to answer this if you had retained enough of
> thread for us to read.

I only edited out his signature when I replied to him. Do you expect me to
mine relevent information from former posts for those who can't be bothered
to look for themselves?

> Otherwise, we don't know what you are talking about. Most people use the
> option to hide the files once read and therefore the history is lost,
> unless one wants to go through great effort, turn off the unread message
> option and wade though the sea of old posts. No going to happen.

I see your point, and hope you can see mine.

As for my comment, I believe the poster wondered if Vista quirkiness issues
(specifically his - now buried deep in an unfathomable sea of old posts)
would
be on topic for the group.