can't handle possible unsafe but in fact perfectly safe files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

beerstaxaties

can't handle possible unsafe but in fact perfectly safe files
I made a zipfile from all my bookmarks/favourites on my old xp-system in
order to be able to use them on my new vista laptop computer. But besides the
fact that i am absolutely sure that the favourites are perfectly safe, my
computer keeps coming up with:"these files are possibly unsafe and windows
therefor blocked these files". This without giving me the option to override,
since the files are only POSSIBLY unsafe. It looks to me (since I have this
vista only since yesterday) that microsoft still hasn't lost their "we know
what's best for you and thus stop complaining" attitude.

Can anyone tell me how to override this problem and be able to handle these
files in explorer (and later on in internet explorer of course)?
Bob

Re: can't handle possible unsafe but in fact perfectly safe files
Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm

"beerstaxaties" <beerstaxaties@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I made a zipfile from all my bookmarks/favourites on my old xp-system in
> order to be able to use them on my new vista laptop computer. But besides
> the
> fact that i am absolutely sure that the favourites are perfectly safe, my
> computer keeps coming up with:"these files are possibly unsafe and windows
> therefor blocked these files". This without giving me the option to
> override,
> since the files are only POSSIBLY unsafe. It looks to me (since I have
> this
> vista only since yesterday) that microsoft still hasn't lost their "we
> know
> what's best for you and thus stop complaining" attitude.
>
> Can anyone tell me how to override this problem and be able to handle
> these
> files in explorer (and later on in internet explorer of course)?

Richard G. Harper

Re: can't handle possible unsafe but in fact perfectly safe files
Right-click the file, select Properties, then at the bottom of the
properties dialog click the "Unblock" button. Hit Apply, then OK.