Startup programs how do you permit the to run

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

DHMO

Startup programs how do you permit the to run
This is my last resort. Can I permit a program to run if it is not
classified? If so how?
I have found ways to do this but they don't work. The program I wish to run
is called GoScreen and does not have a certificate. Currently Windows
Defender blocks it. I am using Vista Ultimate
Bob

Re: Startup programs how do you permit the to run
Click the Start button , point to Programs, right-click the Startup folder,
and then click Open.
1.. Open the location that contains the item to which you want to create a
shortcut.

2.. Right-click the item, and then click Create Shortcut. The new shortcut
appears in the same location as the original item.

3.. Drag the shortcut into the Startup folder.

"DHMO" <DHMO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is my last resort. Can I permit a program to run if it is not
> classified? If so how?
> I have found ways to do this but they don't work. The program I wish to
> run
> is called GoScreen and does not have a certificate. Currently Windows
> Defender blocks it. I am using Vista Ultimate

PaulB

RE: Startup programs how do you permit the to run
I find the best way to deal with these type programs is to have them run at
startup with the task scheduler and check run with highest privileges.
--
Paul

"DHMO" wrote:

> This is my last resort. Can I permit a program to run if it is not
> classified? If so how?
> I have found ways to do this but they don't work. The program I wish to run
> is called GoScreen and does not have a certificate. Currently Windows
> Defender blocks it. I am using Vista Ultimate

DHMO

RE: Startup programs how do you permit the to run
Thanks Bob but I was not asking how to setup a start up program! Vista tries
to control what you run and will not allow the user to control it. So I
wanted a work around.

Thanks Paul that works. This is my first experience with Vista. I was in the
process of killing security. Like finding services and disabling them and
stopping WF from loading. I started with computers in 1974 and have
experienced most versions of MS operating systems. They are getting harder to
use! No it is not my age I am a software developer and work with a large
group of young developers. Their advice was don't use Vista install XP.
Personally I would put the cleaners through the MS team who develops the
interface they have no idea. I thought of the scheduler but also thought that
would not work I guess Mordac did not think of that!