Defender blocked start up programs

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rcf

Defender blocked start up programs
One program is blocked.

I have not been able to locate it in any start up folder, but it still shows
up in Software Explorer's "StartUp Programs", with a "Not Yet
Classified"Classification.

When I try to "Disable" the program from Software Explorer, it grays out the
Disable Button.

Alternatively I have added the program to Advanced Options "Do not Scan...".
No effect.
I would prefer not to uninstall the program, but Defender's constant
flagging is annoying.

Any suggestions
Thanks
Brink

Re: Defender blocked start up programs

rcf;611202 Wrote:
> One program is blocked.
>
> I have not been able to locate it in any start up folder, but it still
> shows
> up in Software Explorer's "StartUp Programs", with a "Not Yet
> Classified"Classification.
>
> When I try to "Disable" the program from Software Explorer, it grays
> out the
> Disable Button.
>
> Alternatively I have added the program to Advanced Options "Do not
> Scan...".
> No effect.
> I would prefer not to uninstall the program, but Defender's constant
> flagging is annoying.
>
> Any suggestions
> Thanks

Hi rcf,

Instead of clicking on "Software Explorer", click on "Quarantined
items". From in there, click on the block item, select "Permit", and
click on "Apply Actions". You can see a screenshot of what I meant under
Example here. That should stop the notice for you.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...ification.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
rcf

Re: Defender blocked start up programs
Thnaks Brink-Did what you suggested, but there are no files/links in the
Quarantined display. I then looked at History, and lots showed up, but not
the blocked program in question. So I have cleared Quarantine history and
will wait to do another boot to see if my mystery program shows up again. If
it does, I may be back to you.
Thanks again.
rcf

rcf;611362 Wrote:
> Thnaks Brink-Did what you suggested, but there are no files/links in the
> Quarantined display. I then looked at History, and lots showed up, but
> not
> the blocked program in question. So I have cleared Quarantine history
> and
> will wait to do another boot to see if my mystery program shows up
> again. If
> it does, I may be back to you.
> Thanks again.
> rcf
> "Brink" wrote:
> > > >

> > > rcf;611202 Wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi rcf,
> > >
> > > Instead of clicking on "Software Explorer", click on "Quarantined
> > > items". From in there, click on the block item, select "Permit", and
> > > click on "Apply Actions". You can see a screenshot of what I meant

> > under
> > > Example here. That should stop the notice for you.
> > >

> > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...ification.html
> > >
> > > Shawn
> > >

> > > --
> > > Brink
> > >
> > > *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
> > > '*Vista Forums*'
> > > (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)
> > > *Please post feedback to help others.*

rcf,

Could it be msconfig showing you this pop-up notice at startup instead?
See OPTION TWO Method Two steps 9 to 12 to see in this tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

Shawn

--
Brink

'*Vista Forums*'
*Please post feedback to help others.*
rcf

Re: Defender blocked start up programs
Hey Brink-Worked perfectly. Thanks!!
rcf

"Brink" wrote:

> rcf;611362 Wrote:
> > Thnaks Brink-Did what you suggested, but there are no files/links in the
> > Quarantined display. I then looked at History, and lots showed up, but
> > not
> > the blocked program in question. So I have cleared Quarantine history
> > and
> > will wait to do another boot to see if my mystery program shows up
> > again. If
> > it does, I may be back to you.
> > Thanks again.
> > rcf

> > > under
> > > >

> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...ification.html

> rcf,
>
> Could it be msconfig showing you this pop-up notice at startup instead?
> See OPTION TWO Method Two steps 9 to 12 to see in this tutorial.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

rcf

Re: Defender blocked start up programs
Hey Brink-Worked perfectly, including the "sysconfig" start-up tip.
rcf

"Brink" wrote:

> rcf;611362 Wrote:
> > Thnaks Brink-Did what you suggested, but there are no files/links in the
> > Quarantined display. I then looked at History, and lots showed up, but
> > not
> > the blocked program in question. So I have cleared Quarantine history
> > and
> > will wait to do another boot to see if my mystery program shows up
> > again. If
> > it does, I may be back to you.
> > Thanks again.
> > rcf

> > > under
> > > >

> > > http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...ification.html

> rcf,
>
> Could it be msconfig showing you this pop-up notice at startup instead?
> See OPTION TWO Method Two steps 9 to 12 to see in this tutorial.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> Brink

> '*Vista Forums*'
> (http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=2980)

rcf

Re: Defender blocked start up programs
Hey Brink-Thanks! It worked perfectly, including the "sysconfig" startup tip.
rcf