Is this familiar to you?

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Chas521

Is this familiar to you?

This has started happening recently and although it's not creating a problem
I don't know what's happening or how to stop it. FYI, I'm using Vista Home
Premium and, in this case, I'm using AVG Free - v.7.5.516 and the program is
updated as is the virus definitions. When I turn on and start booting up,
just before everything is done, I get an error message in the taskbar
[something to the effect] to check my anti-virus software status, AVG 7.5.516
is turned off and to click on an icon in the taskbar to turn it back on. But
just as the boot-up is finishing, the error message goes away and checking
the security center in control panel shows that all is operating just fine.

I thought that an AVG file was corrupted so I re-downloaded the program and
reinstalled using the "repair" choice. A file was reinstalled but the problem
still remains. This is new and running Ad-Aware and Spybot came up with
nothing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Robinb

Re: Is this familiar to you?
are you running adaware 2007?
2 updates ago it caused some problems with some AV software including avg
antivirus
As long as AVG shows it is fine- don't worry about it
robin
"Chas521" <Chas521@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news0E0B8EF-C17E-4916-A1D0-35C729F1643F@microsoft.com...

> Hi,
> This has started happening recently and although it's not creating a
> problem
> I don't know what's happening or how to stop it. FYI, I'm using Vista Home
> Premium and, in this case, I'm using AVG Free - v.7.5.516 and the program
> is
> updated as is the virus definitions. When I turn on and start booting up,
> just before everything is done, I get an error message in the taskbar
> [something to the effect] to check my anti-virus software status, AVG
> 7.5.516
> is turned off and to click on an icon in the taskbar to turn it back on.
> But
> just as the boot-up is finishing, the error message goes away and checking
> the security center in control panel shows that all is operating just
> fine.
>
> I thought that an AVG file was corrupted so I re-downloaded the program
> and
> reinstalled using the "repair" choice. A file was reinstalled but the
> problem
> still remains. This is new and running Ad-Aware and Spybot came up with
> nothing. Any ideas? Thanks.

Chas521

Re: Is this familiar to you?
Hi Robin,
Thanks for replying. Actually, I AM running Ad-Aware 2007 but, as you say,
as long as AVG is OK, I'll not worry about the error message.