Windows Defender & Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Dave

Windows Defender & Vista
I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.

Dave
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Defender & Vista
What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
Is it set to autoscan ?
What other anti-malware software is installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Dave wrote:

> I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
> set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
> exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
> so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
>
> Dave

Dave

Re: Windows Defender & Vista
I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
> Is it set to autoscan ?
> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Dave wrote:
>
> > I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto scans
> > set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the yellow
> > exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need to do
> > so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
> >
> > Dave

Robinb

Re: Windows Defender & Vista
helping in the wd newsgroup, we had a user with a similar problem and it
turned out WD just doesn't play nice with Norton AV suite
robin
>I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
> almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.
>
> "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
>> Is it set to autoscan ?
>> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
>>

>> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
>> ===============
>> *-343-* FDNY
>> Never Forgotten
>> ===============
>>

>> Dave wrote:
>>
>> > I continue to have a problem with Defender on my computer. Have auto
>> > scans
>> > set for daily and even if I manually scan, within 30 minutes I get the
>> > yellow
>> > exclamation mark that it has been 'blank' days since I scanned and need
>> > to do
>> > so!! Any suggestions out there. Never had this problem with XP.
>> >
>> > Dave

Dave

Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Thanks...worked well when I had my old computer with XP, so maybe Vista maybe
not. Never gave much credit to WD anyway...

"Robinb" wrote:

> helping in the wd newsgroup, we had a user with a similar problem and it
> turned out WD just doesn't play nice with Norton AV suite
> robin
> "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have it set to do a quick scan each day and I do a full scan weekly (1 hr
> > almost worth). Have Norton AV08 with its malware, etc.
> >
> > "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> What type of scan is WD performing [quick, full, custom] ?
> >> Is it set to autoscan ?
> >> What other anti-malware software is installed ?
> >>

> >> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> >> ===============
> >> *-343-* FDNY
> >> Never Forgotten

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Windows Defender & Vista
Precisely why I'd asked which other anti-malware software was installed,
Dave. In fact, I'll ask that first from now on <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten