firewall not allowing exceptions

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

safaron

firewall not allowing exceptions
the built in firewall isnt allowing any connections
except for basicly internet explorer and other browsers and i for one play
allot of online games so this makes it very difficult and ive added the
programs to the exceptions list and the ports and it just seems like its
completely ignorring that exceptions list even tho theyre checked off on it
does anyone know whats going on?? ive even tried turning the firewall off
but it still blocks absolutely everything

Bob

Re: firewall not allowing exceptions
Some things to consider:
Do you have cookies enabled?
Have you tried adding sites to the trusted zone?
Do you have more than one firewall?

"safaron" <safaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the built in firewall isnt allowing any connections
> except for basicly internet explorer and other browsers and i for one play
> allot of online games so this makes it very difficult and ive added the
> programs to the exceptions list and the ports and it just seems like its
> completely ignorring that exceptions list even tho theyre checked off on
> it
> does anyone know whats going on?? ive even tried turning the firewall off
> but it still blocks absolutely everything

safaron

Re: firewall not allowing exceptions
i only have one firewall and thats the built in firewall and i do have
cookies enabled but...trusted zone? no clue what ur talkin about there

"Bob" wrote:

> Some things to consider:
> Do you have cookies enabled?
> Have you tried adding sites to the trusted zone?
> Do you have more than one firewall?
>
> "safaron" <safaron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > the built in firewall isnt allowing any connections
> > except for basicly internet explorer and other browsers and i for one play
> > allot of online games so this makes it very difficult and ive added the
> > programs to the exceptions list and the ports and it just seems like its
> > completely ignorring that exceptions list even tho theyre checked off on
> > it
> > does anyone know whats going on?? ive even tried turning the firewall off
> > but it still blocks absolutely everything

Bob

Re: firewall not allowing exceptions
Tools>Internet Options>Security tab