Recommended virsus protection with windows vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

SusanW

Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works well
with windows vista?
--
Thank you in advance for your assistance!
Susan
JerzyMarian

RE: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
ESET NOD32 v.3
--
JerzyMarian

"SusanW" wrote:

> After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
> protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works well
> with windows vista?
> --
> Thank you in advance for your assistance!
> Susan

f/fgeorge

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:14:01 -0800, SusanW
<SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
>protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works well
>with windows vista?

Windows defender and AVG anti-virus. The BIGGEST way to keep unwanted
stuff off your computer is between your ears! If I send you a file are
you going to open it? WHY???!!!! I do not normally send you files! If
someone sends you a file that does not normally send you things, send
them an email asking them if they did. If not it could be a virus or
trojan or whatever! Engage that brain and alot of stuff will be
avoided!
blairaudio

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista

Avast is the best,never had an issue with it.

--
blairaudio
Dustin Harper

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
AVG Free works excellent (http://free.grisoft.com), as does NOD32
(http://www.eset.com/download/index.php)

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

"SusanW" <SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
> protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works
> well
> with windows vista?
> --
> Thank you in advance for your assistance!
> Susan

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:14:01 -0800, SusanW
<SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
> protection.

Good move!

> Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works well
> with windows vista?

You'll undoubtedly get different recommendations from different
people. Here's mine: I'm happy with the freeware Avast!

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Robinb

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
AVG works great with vista
robin
"SusanW" <SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
> protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works
> well
> with windows vista?
> --
> Thank you in advance for your assistance!
> Susan

Robinb

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
Windows Defender is not an antivirus program it is a antispyware program
and WD is not enough, try Superantispyware, it plays very nice with WD
robin
"f/fgeorge" <ffgeorge@yourplace.com> wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 07:14:01 -0800, SusanW
> <SusanW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>After reading different posts, I am uninstalling my Symnatec Norton
>>protection. Does anyone have a recommendation for protection that works
>>well
>>with windows vista?

> Windows defender and AVG anti-virus. The BIGGEST way to keep unwanted
> stuff off your computer is between your ears! If I send you a file are
> you going to open it? WHY???!!!! I do not normally send you files! If
> someone sends you a file that does not normally send you things, send
> them an email asking them if they did. If not it could be a virus or
> trojan or whatever! Engage that brain and alot of stuff will be
> avoided!

Ken Blake, MVP

Re: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
On Sat, 2 Feb 2008 10:11:24 -0600, blairaudio
<blairaudio.345vj5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:

> Avast is the best,never had an issue with it.

Any time someone makes an unequivocal statement like that--that
something is the best--readers should be *extremely* skeptical.

I also like Avast, have it running on all my computers here, and
recommend it to others. I've never had an issue with it either. But I
haven't tried every anti-virus program on the market, and I'm
therefore not willing to state that it's the "best."

So today I use and recommend Avast. But I'm always open to other
possibilities, and willing to try others, and am open to the
possibility that tomorrow I may find something that I think is better.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
SusanW

RE: Recommended virsus protection with windows vista
Thank you all for you input. I am going with Avast.

Susan