2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

larryinaz

2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3
2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with Windows
Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

I have deleted all of the old 2007 and new 2008 Trend Micro Internet
Security virus software from my computer, because of the multiple
alert messages, that I was having with their new 2008 upgraded
software.

If the Trend Micro Personal Firewall and the Unauthorized Changes
Prevention features main components do not work with the new service
packs from Microsoft, why are they still selling this non-working
software to the public?

Also, I don't want to wait until sometime in February 2008, for them
to released a "working" version of their Trend Micro Internet
Security, that is compatible with Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP
SP3. I don't want to remove any new Microsoft service packs, or
uninstall the 2008 Trend Micro program installed in my computer and
re-
install the PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 back into my computer,
and wait again.... until the release of their new 2008 working
version.

I was receiving these error messages: Trend Micro Internet Security
Message: Your Unauthorized Change Prevention Service has shut down.
Try restarting Trend Micro Internet Security to restore Your
Unauthorized Change Prevention Service. If the problem persists,
please restart your computer. If you continue to receive this warning,
please contact Technical Support.

I keep getting this "Alert" message: "Alert Message: Trend Micro
Internet Security. Unable to recognize the software configuration.
Restart your computer to restore the missing information. If the
problem persists, please contact technical support."

I have been working on their error alert messages and replies, since
12/24/07. After eight or more emails back and forth....and multiple
number of lines of their instructions, that's it!! I do not want to
screw up my computer, I do not want more messages, screen shots,
replies, deletes, uninstalls and then reinstalling any more files...in
my computer, hard drive or registry. I asked Trend Micro, that I want
a refund ($40.45) for this subscription.

They replied:
I am sorry to inform you, but we can no longer refund the Trend Micro
program that you have purchased from us. Refund application should be
requested within 30 days from the date of purchase. Refunds after 30
days are given in a case to case basis. This is after the all attempts
to fix the issue failed and the case has been forwarded to the Level 2
support.

Please provide us with the following so that we can forward this to
the Level 2 support

In order for us to have a detailed picture of the problem, please
include in your reply, screen shot(s) of the message(s)/
notification(s).
Continued.....more@#$%^&
Product: Trend Micro Internet Security - 2008, Trend Micro Internet
Security Pro - 2008, Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware - 2008
Operating System: Windows XP - SP2, Windows Vista
Published:12/20/07 1:38 PM

Solution:
This error will appear if you have installed the 16.05 version of
Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Trend Micro Internet Security and
Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 on a computer running
Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 or Window XP with Service Pack 3.

The Trend Micro Personal Firewall and the Unauthorized Changes
Prevention features main components do not work with the new service
packs from Microsoft.

A working version of Trend Micro Internet Security Pro, Trend Micro
Internet Security and Trend Micro AntiVirus plus AntiSpyware 2008 with
Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3 would be released sometime in
February 2008.

The release would be timed before Microsoft uploads the new service
packs in their automatic update servers for Windows.

To prevent this message from appearing, follow the steps indicated
below:
a.Check the program version of the Trend Micro program installed on
your computer.
b.If you are using version 16.05 and you want to continue using this
latest version of the Trend Micro program, you must uninstall the non-
working service pack from Microsoft.
c.If you do not want to remove the new Microsoft service packs, Trend
Micro suggests that you uninstall the Trend Micro program installed in
your computer and install PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 until the
release of the working version.
source:
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/suppo...&id=EN-1036680

Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]

Re: 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible withWindows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3
If you have either XP sp3 or Vista sp1 on your systems they are betas
and not RTM. You will have to remove these service packs regardless of
Trend.

larryinaz wrote:
> [...]
> Windows Vista SP1 and Windows XP SP3 would be released sometime in
> February 2008.
>
> The release would be timed before Microsoft uploads the new service
> packs in their automatic update servers for Windows.
>
> To prevent this message from appearing, follow the steps indicated
> below:
> a.Check the program version of the Trend Micro program installed on
> your computer.
> b.If you are using version 16.05 and you want to continue using this
> latest version of the Trend Micro program, you must uninstall the non-
> working service pack from Microsoft.
> c.If you do not want to remove the new Microsoft service packs, Trend
> Micro suggests that you uninstall the Trend Micro program installed in
> your computer and install PC-cillin Internet Security 2007 until the

dacoty

Re: 2008 Trend Micro Internet Security is NOT is compatible with WindowsVista SP1 and Windows XP SP3

this does not appear to be in the proper forum, but if you look at:
'I get a notification that my Personal Firewall and Unauthorized Change
Prevention Service has shut down [EN-1036680]'
(http://esupport.trendmicro.com/suppo...&id=EN-1036680)

the solution is to install trend micro and run the update. i had the
same problem and this fixed it.

--
dacoty