Trojan.Agent.AD

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

pulse

Trojan.Agent.AD
Hi all

Spyware doctor found Trojan.Agent.AD and has quarantined it. On looking it
up on various sites it suggests that this records keystrokes and takes
screen captures and can ultimately pinch your bank/web/logons. Is this
accurate? is there anythung else I should do? is it too late? Is the
Trojan.Agent.AD the same as Agent.AD trojan?

I am using Vista and UAC is on and I have not noticed any suspicious
activity?

Thanks

Pulse

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Trojan.Agent.AD
Seek assistance at a reputable anti-malware forum, Pulse. Please read
the guidelines of the forum of your choice and tell 'em Mow sent ya <w>

http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://castlecops.com/forum67.html
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/

BTW, which antivirus is installed ? Just curious as to why it did not
prevent this infection.

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

pulse wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Spyware doctor found Trojan.Agent.AD and has quarantined it. On looking
> it up on various sites it suggests that this records keystrokes and
> takes screen captures and can ultimately pinch your bank/web/logons. Is
> this accurate? is there anythung else I should do? is it too late? Is
> the Trojan.Agent.AD the same as Agent.AD trojan?
>
> I am using Vista and UAC is on and I have not noticed any suspicious
> activity?
>
> Thanks
>
> Pulse

pulse

Re: Trojan.Agent.AD
Hi MowGreen

I have psoted on the bleepingcomputer, so we'll wait and see. At the time I
had freeAVG7.5 and Spywaredoctor running as well as Windows Defender! It
might be a false positive?

I have reinstalled my Norton Online security free with my ISP, as it has
never happened before.

i think the fact that insearching the forums out there that no-one seems to
have reported this one, makes me think it is less to worry about that I
initially thought

Thanks for the direction

Agent Chewer 1.31 Gamer Games Feed 0 11-11-2007 21:20
Trojan-Downloader.Java.Agent.c MarianH microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 7 05-19-2007 13:59