vista security

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rac8006

vista security
I've never had so much trouble with security until I got this laptop with
Vista installed. I tried to do some work with a usb drive that was on a XP
Pro system. both system have the same user and password. This user is an
administrator on both systems. When I try to remove a directory on the usb
drive I get access denied. If i try to look at the level of security for this
directory it say that I can't view the security. If I try to run the cmd as
administrator and view the security it says access denied. How the heck are
you supposed to correct this type of error. The book says to run cmd as
administrator. But that does not seem to work. If I knew that XP PRO would
work on this laptop I would remove Vista I've never had so much trouble with
a new OS.
Bob

Re: vista security
Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm

"rac8006" <rac8006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've never had so much trouble with security until I got this laptop with
> Vista installed. I tried to do some work with a usb drive that was on a
> XP
> Pro system. both system have the same user and password. This user is an
> administrator on both systems. When I try to remove a directory on the
> usb
> drive I get access denied. If i try to look at the level of security for
> this
> directory it say that I can't view the security. If I try to run the cmd
> as
> administrator and view the security it says access denied. How the heck
> are
> you supposed to correct this type of error. The book says to run cmd as
> administrator. But that does not seem to work. If I knew that XP PRO
> would
> work on this laptop I would remove Vista I've never had so much trouble
> with
> a new OS.

rac8006

Re: vista security
I guess I'm missing the point. why do I have to make changes to the
registery just to view or change prermissions when I'm the administrator.
What good is running cmd as administrator then.

"Bob" wrote:

> Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
> http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm
>

> "rac8006" <rac8006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've never had so much trouble with security until I got this laptop with
> > Vista installed. I tried to do some work with a usb drive that was on a
> > XP
> > Pro system. both system have the same user and password. This user is an
> > administrator on both systems. When I try to remove a directory on the
> > usb
> > drive I get access denied. If i try to look at the level of security for
> > this
> > directory it say that I can't view the security. If I try to run the cmd
> > as
> > administrator and view the security it says access denied. How the heck
> > are
> > you supposed to correct this type of error. The book says to run cmd as
> > administrator. But that does not seem to work. If I knew that XP PRO
> > would
> > work on this laptop I would remove Vista I've never had so much trouble
> > with
> > a new OS.

Bob

Re: vista security
Because you are not the "Real Administrator". Google it.

>I guess I'm missing the point. why do I have to make changes to the
> registery just to view or change prermissions when I'm the administrator.
> What good is running cmd as administrator then.
>
> "Bob" wrote:
>
>> Add "Take Ownership" to right-click menu in Vista
>> http://www.petri.co.il/add-take-owne...menu-vista.htm
>>

>> "rac8006" <rac8006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've never had so much trouble with security until I got this laptop
>> > with
>> > Vista installed. I tried to do some work with a usb drive that was on
>> > XP
>> > Pro system. both system have the same user and password. This user is
>> > an
>> > administrator on both systems. When I try to remove a directory on the
>> > usb
>> > drive I get access denied. If i try to look at the level of security
>> > for
>> > this
>> > directory it say that I can't view the security. If I try to run the
>> > cmd
>> > as
>> > administrator and view the security it says access denied. How the
>> > heck
>> > are
>> > you supposed to correct this type of error. The book says to run cmd
>> > as
>> > administrator. But that does not seem to work. If I knew that XP PRO
>> > would
>> > work on this laptop I would remove Vista I've never had so much
>> > trouble
>> > with
>> > a new OS.

Halim

Re: vista security
hello
please; I need some help.I have istalled windows vista home premium /fr
without serial number; then the serveur show me that my version is only
valable for 30 days; I ask you if I can crack it or no and what the
dangerous may be occured to my system if I not activate it.

thinks for your helps