Problem with windows Security and Windows Defender

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

kngcrbr

Problem with windows Security and Windows Defender

Windows Security Center say that there is no Malware Detection software
installed. This includes Windows Defender and AVG. Windows Security
Center say that Windows Defender needs to be turned on ( to turn on
click here ) When I click turn on, it starts searching for Defender
Updates... Then says there are no Updates for WD and goes back to saying
that Windows Defender needs to be turned on.
Windows Security Center also says there is no Anti-Virus. But AVG is
installed and completely up to date also.

This all started occuring a few days ago... maybe 7 days ago.
Uninstall/ Reinstall of AVG causes no change, checking for updates for
Windows Defender thru Windows Update does not fix any problems either.

I previously have found of someone who discribed system restore and
then installing the updates to office 2007 sp1, etc, afterward. This is
unacceptable. It is quite obvious that this has something to do with
registry of the Windows Security Center. If someone knows how to fix
this problem with a simple registry edit, I would truely appreciate the
help.

Thanks,
King Crabber

--
kngcrbr
Engel

RE: Problem with windows Security and Windows Defender
Hello King,

Have a look at this thread. It may be relevant to your prºblem.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...9-8ccbf180eded

I hope this post is helpful, but we would highly appreciate it if you could
rate the pºst, so we can keep the community informed and saves somebody
else the hours of trawling through the web trying to find a solution
- -- ----