Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Janet Chen
 

Posts: n/a
Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
http://vistafans.com/thread-110053-1-1.html

or

http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/177/177392.shtml

The article addresses the OEM activation loopholes, the article shows you
that Vista OEMs are validated as genuine by illegally installed on systems
with fake SLIC added to the motherboard.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Parrôtt
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
No English version of the links you put up?


Have a blessed one... :-)



"Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> http://vistafans.com/thread-110053-1-1.html
>
> or
>
> http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/177/177392.shtml
>
> The article addresses the OEM activation loopholes, the article shows you
> that Vista OEMs are validated as genuine by illegally installed on systems
> with fake SLIC added to the motherboard.
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Andyistic
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
Who here knows Chinese, besides you?

-- Andy


"Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> http://vistafans.com/thread-110053-1-1.html
>
> or
>
> http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/177/177392.shtml
>
> The article addresses the OEM activation loopholes, the article shows you
> that Vista OEMs are validated as genuine by illegally installed on systems
> with fake SLIC added to the motherboard.
>



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Modern Meta
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
I think the gist of it is basically that you can "mod chip" your
motherboard to make Vista think it's an OEM and not require
activation. I think.

So great... mod chips have now made their way to PC's, thanks to
Vista.


"Andyistic" <abdyistic@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Who here knows Chinese, besides you?
>
> -- Andy
>
>
>"Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
>news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> http://vistafans.com/thread-110053-1-1.html
>>
>> or
>>
>> http://www.pcpop.com/doc/0/177/177392.shtml
>>
>> The article addresses the OEM activation loopholes, the article shows you
>> that Vista OEMs are validated as genuine by illegally installed on systems
>> with fake SLIC added to the motherboard.
>>

>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Stephan Rose
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!

> No English version of the links you put up?
>


Or a Japanese version at least!

--
Stephan Rose
2003 Yamaha R6

君のこと思い出すひなんてないのは
君のこと忘れた時がないから
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Brian W
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
By 'promoting' ways to beat the system, you are no better than the pirate
scum IMO.

"Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Roscoe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
It's in Chinese and the Chinese already steal it anyway and MS doesn't seem
to care, so this post really does nothing IMO.

"Brian W" <brian.wescombeSODOFF@ntlSPAMworld.com> wrote in message
news:aexFh.38292$wP3.32288@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net...
> By 'promoting' ways to beat the system, you are no better than the pirate
> scum IMO.
>
> "Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
> news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
caver1
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated!!
Roscoe wrote:
> It's in Chinese and the Chinese already steal it anyway and MS doesn't
> seem to care, so this post really does nothing IMO.
>
> "Brian W" <brian.wescombeSODOFF@ntlSPAMworld.com> wrote in message
> news:aexFh.38292$wP3.32288@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net...
>> By 'promoting' ways to beat the system, you are no better than the
>> pirate scum IMO.
>>
>> "Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
>> news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

>



MS has stated in court briefs that 1.Software should not be patentable
and 2. that US copywrites should not be enforced outside the US. So with
this reasoning how can the Chinese be stealing anything?
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
Alias
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated!!
Brian W wrote:
> By 'promoting' ways to beat the system, you are no better than the
> pirate scum IMO.


Jealous that you have to pay and the Chinese don't?

Alias
>
> "Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message
> news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-01-2007
roman modic
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Vista's SPP, the Anti-Piracy mechanism, has been completely defeated !!
Hello!

"Roscoe" <me@home.net> wrote in message news:04FF0CBD-6598-4B3A-9D24-1C577E177B3C@microsoft.com...
> It's in Chinese and the Chinese already steal it anyway and MS doesn't seem to care, so this post really does nothing IMO.


100% wrong! You can now search live.com or google.com for: Vista OEM SLIC

Regards, Roman

>
> "Brian W" <brian.wescombeSODOFF@ntlSPAMworld.com> wrote in message news:aexFh.38292$wP3.32288@newsfe7-gui.ntli.net...
>> By 'promoting' ways to beat the system, you are no better than the pirate scum IMO.
>>
>> "Janet Chen" <janet_chen@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:%23m8xIb8WHHA.2284@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...

>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120