I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?UGhvdWthbWFyZTUy?=

I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open
Hi, I just got this new compter with Vista and have been trying to load
Windows Messenger. It has loaded and the icon is on my desktop, however, it
won't open.

A window comes up that says Messenger has stopped working and when I ask it
to tell me what's wrong, it tells me it is the Data Execution Prevention
stopping it.

I tried to change the settings using the Windows help & support. However,
when I try to add Windows Live Messenger to the exception list, it says it
can't find the program. How do I fix this as it is a Windows program and my
Windows Vista is preventing it from running?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
=?Utf-8?B?Q296ZTM4MQ==?=

RE: I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open
Hello-

I am having the same exact problem.

D.J.

"Phoukamare52" wrote:

> Hi, I just got this new compter with Vista and have been trying to load
> Windows Messenger. It has loaded and the icon is on my desktop, however, it
> won't open.
>
> A window comes up that says Messenger has stopped working and when I ask it
> to tell me what's wrong, it tells me it is the Data Execution Prevention
> stopping it.
>
> I tried to change the settings using the Windows help & support. However,
> when I try to add Windows Live Messenger to the exception list, it says it
> can't find the program. How do I fix this as it is a Windows program and my
> Windows Vista is preventing it from running?
>
> Thank you for any help you can give me.

Jono

Re: I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open
Hi there,
I had the same problem with my vista installation, so installed the 8.0
version instead. Works a treat.

Cheers,
Jono

"Coze381" <Coze381@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello-
>
> I am having the same exact problem.
>
> D.J.
>
> "Phoukamare52" wrote:
>
>> Hi, I just got this new compter with Vista and have been trying to load
>> Windows Messenger. It has loaded and the icon is on my desktop, however,
>> it
>> won't open.
>>
>> A window comes up that says Messenger has stopped working and when I ask
>> it
>> to tell me what's wrong, it tells me it is the Data Execution Prevention
>> stopping it.
>>
>> I tried to change the settings using the Windows help & support. However,
>> when I try to add Windows Live Messenger to the exception list, it says
>> it
>> can't find the program. How do I fix this as it is a Windows program and
>> my
>> Windows Vista is preventing it from running?
>>
>> Thank you for any help you can give me.

=?Utf-8?B?UGhvdWthbWFyZTUy?=

RE: I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open
D.J.,

When I got home tonight, I shut down the computer totally (not a restart)
and windows came up no problem at all. I truly dislike computers. They assume
you know what the heck you're doing!

Phouka

"Coze381" wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I am having the same exact problem.
>
> D.J.
>
> "Phoukamare52" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I just got this new compter with Vista and have been trying to load
> > Windows Messenger. It has loaded and the icon is on my desktop, however, it
> > won't open.
> >
> > A window comes up that says Messenger has stopped working and when I ask it
> > to tell me what's wrong, it tells me it is the Data Execution Prevention
> > stopping it.
> >
> > I tried to change the settings using the Windows help & support. However,
> > when I try to add Windows Live Messenger to the exception list, it says it
> > can't find the program. How do I fix this as it is a Windows program and my
> > Windows Vista is preventing it from running?
> >
> > Thank you for any help you can give me.

=?Utf-8?B?TW9vbnNoYWRvdw==?=

RE: I can't get Windows Live Messenger to open
Just downloaded 8.0 and it fixed the issue. Thanks!