Questions about malware removal

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

perry

Questions about malware removal
This may not be the place, so I would welcome some direction
to progress this problem.
It concerns Adobe Acrobat 8(Free) which I downloaded, then decided
I didn't trust it, so I uninstalled it.
What was happening was that SUN Java kept popping up demanding to be
upgraded. One I did it once it was back again for more. I connected the
two Sun and Adobe so Uninstalled both.
I installed Foxit Reader as a substitute.
This did not do the trick. Adobe is prompting me to upgrade Acrobat.
Hijackthis shows BHOs related to Acrobat Speed launcher and a Sun Java
Scheduler. Removing them lasts for only a few minutes.

I searched for Adobe in my Registry and was amazed at the number of entries
including a large block of unreadable code, and about 20 references to their
website.
There are attached a good number of references starting with Acc too.

I have read on the web that so far this is not removeable so I have not
dared to
touch it.

Any comments would be welcome, even a solution

Kayman

Re: Questions about malware removal
On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:18:28 -0000, perry wrote:

> This may not be the place, so I would welcome some direction
> to progress this problem.
> It concerns Adobe Acrobat 8(Free) which I downloaded, then decided
> I didn't trust it, so I uninstalled it.
> What was happening was that SUN Java kept popping up demanding to be
> upgraded. One I did it once it was back again for more. I connected the
> two Sun and Adobe so Uninstalled both.
> I installed Foxit Reader as a substitute.
> This did not do the trick. Adobe is prompting me to upgrade Acrobat.
> Hijackthis shows BHOs related to Acrobat Speed launcher and a Sun Java
> Scheduler. Removing them lasts for only a few minutes.
>
> I searched for Adobe in my Registry and was amazed at the number of entries
> including a large block of unreadable code, and about 20 references to their
> website.
> There are attached a good number of references starting with Acc too.
>
> I have read on the web that so far this is not removeable so I have not
> dared to touch it.
>
> Any comments would be welcome, even a solution

You should ensure that you have an updated version of Java.
Check in: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03 ==>this is the current version.
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

You can uninstall Java(TM)6 Update 3 in Add or remove Programs panel or
Revo Uninstaller.

Adobe Uninstall Tool
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=2

If the Adobe removal tool doesn't work satisfactory use this:
Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Remove unwanted programs and traces easily
http://www.revouninstaller.com/
and/or
RegSeeker
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
RegSeeker will remove all associated detritus (registry keys,files and
folders) from any application. I found this application user friendly and
very effective but suggest *not* to use the 'Clean the Registry' option.
Click onto 'Find in registry' and in the 'Search for' box type *Adobe*; The
pertinent registry keys can then be safely deleted (just in case, ensure
that the 'Backup before deletion' is checked). Repeat the task by typing in
the Search for' box *Adobe*. You can then go on search and remove
associated files as well.
Then use NTREGOPT to compact the registry; Follow instructions.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt

Good luck
perry

"Kayman" <kaymanNoSpam@operamail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 24 Dec 2007 17:18:28 -0000, perry wrote:
>
>> This may not be the place, so I would welcome some direction
>> to progress this problem.
>> It concerns Adobe Acrobat 8(Free) which I downloaded, then decided
>> I didn't trust it, so I uninstalled it.
>> What was happening was that SUN Java kept popping up demanding to be
>> upgraded. One I did it once it was back again for more. I connected the
>> two Sun and Adobe so Uninstalled both.
>> I installed Foxit Reader as a substitute.
>> This did not do the trick. Adobe is prompting me to upgrade Acrobat.
>> Hijackthis shows BHOs related to Acrobat Speed launcher and a Sun Java
>> Scheduler. Removing them lasts for only a few minutes.
>>
>> I searched for Adobe in my Registry and was amazed at the number of
>> entries
>> including a large block of unreadable code, and about 20 references to
>> their
>> website.
>> There are attached a good number of references starting with Acc too.
>>
>> I have read on the web that so far this is not removeable so I have not
>> dared to touch it.
>>
>> Any comments would be welcome, even a solution

> You should ensure that you have an updated version of Java.
> Check in: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_03 ==>this is the current
> version.
> http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
>
> You can uninstall Java(TM)6 Update 3 in Add or remove Programs panel or
> Revo Uninstaller.
>
> Adobe Uninstall Tool
> http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...4157&sliceId=2
>
> If the Adobe removal tool doesn't work satisfactory use this:
> Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Remove unwanted programs and traces easily
> http://www.revouninstaller.com/
> and/or
> RegSeeker
> http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
> RegSeeker will remove all associated detritus (registry keys,files and
> folders) from any application. I found this application user friendly and
> very effective but suggest *not* to use the 'Clean the Registry' option.
> Click onto 'Find in registry' and in the 'Search for' box type *Adobe*;
> The
> pertinent registry keys can then be safely deleted (just in case, ensure
> that the 'Backup before deletion' is checked). Repeat the task by typing
> in
> the Search for' box *Adobe*. You can then go on search and remove
> associated files as well.
> Then use NTREGOPT to compact the registry; Follow instructions.
> http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt
>
> Good luck

Thanks