uninstalled Java but wont reinstall Java

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

m j o

uninstalled Java but wont reinstall Java
I uninstalled the latest version of Java from java.com,and have been trying
to reinstall it but i keep getting a message that says "error 1722.There is
a problem with this windows installer package.A program run as part of the
setup did not finish as expected.Contact your support personnel or package
vendor"

I was using the same jave setup program to install java initially,and it was
working fine after some security settings changes.
I re-downloaded this program from java.com and it is still giving the same
message.

What is the problem now ???

TIA

=?Utf-8?B?dG0=?=

RE: uninstalled Java but wont reinstall Java

"m j o" wrote:

> I uninstalled the latest version of Java from java.com,and have been trying
> to reinstall it but i keep getting a message that says "error 1722.There is
> a problem with this windows installer package.A program run as part of the
> setup did not finish as expected.Contact your support personnel or package
> vendor"
>
> I was using the same jave setup program to install java initially,and it was
> working fine after some security settings changes.
> I re-downloaded this program from java.com and it is still giving the same
> message.
>
> What is the problem now ???
>
> TIA
> this proably won't help much but i did a clean install of vista and had no problem installing java

=?Utf-8?B?Q0xB?=

RE: uninstalled Java but wont reinstall Java
downloading information paragraph where it says other versions downloads.
click on that. Sun systems (JAVA ) will take you to link to download java jre
6.0 platform for vista 32 bit and 1 for vista 64 bit. your going to have to
manually download. click run and
makesure you disable all java 1.6.0 Add-In's in your internet options and
disable
Windows/or any other firewall program. (these have auto-block programs)
disable windows defender until after java is downloaded. after download go to
control panel and look for cup(java) click on it and go to advance button
and make sure the IE OR MOZILLIA browser is enabled. TURN ON YOUR security
programs.
IN DEFENDER CLICK ON ALLOW ITEMS and add java to it. In firewall you need to
allow and give permission of access as well it should be under Allowed
programs.
### IF DOWNLOAD DONT TAKE IN JAVA THERE IS A FIX DOWNLOAD AT JAVA
SITE AT DOWNLOAD PAGE FOR VISTA JAVA DOWNLOAD CLICK ON --ERROR MESSAGES.
LINK TAKES YOU TO UPDATED NEW ERROR LIST AND CLICK ON TEST
VM AND JAVA. IN THAT LINK THE DOWNLOAD FOR REMOVING ALL JAVA FILES
AND REINSTALLING JAVA IS THERE.,

"m j o" wrote:

> I uninstalled the latest version of Java from java.com,and have been trying
> to reinstall it but i keep getting a message that says "error 1722.There is
> a problem with this windows installer package.A program run as part of the
> setup did not finish as expected.Contact your support personnel or package
> vendor"
>
> I was using the same jave setup program to install java initially,and it was
> working fine after some security settings changes.
> I re-downloaded this program from java.com and it is still giving the same
> message.
>
> What is the problem now ???
>
> TIA

=?Utf-8?B?UGhvZW5peA==?=

RE: uninstalled Java but wont reinstall Java
Hi CLA,

I had a similar problem while installing Java JRE 6. Chanced upon your
posting and it worked like a charm. Fantastic!

Thank you for the wonderful advice.

Regards,