Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Sleep function

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpc2Nv?=
 

Posts: n/a
Sleep function
After sending the laptop to sleep, when trying to turn it on again, it
appears the mouse pointer, but the screen remains black. It has happened to a
new hp and a year-old Fujitsu. I have to shut them down completely and reboot
them again. Any idea of how to correct this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 01-08-2007
Dennis Pack
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sleep function
Francisco:
I had the same problem with my Compac Presario v2300cto laptop.
The cure in my case was to update the bios. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
Vista x64 Enterprise
Office 2007
"Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7BAA4750-9CE0-423A-8281-85ED1D410524@microsoft.com...
> After sending the laptop to sleep, when trying to turn it on again, it
> appears the mouse pointer, but the screen remains black. It has happened
> to a
> new hp and a year-old Fujitsu. I have to shut them down completely and
> reboot
> them again. Any idea of how to correct this?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2007
Steve Elliott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sleep function
I've got the same problem, If my new HP laptop goes into sleep mode, when
it's woken, the wifi has trouble powering up under vista and everything
seems to hang. the laptop is only about 3 months and it's one of HP's new
dual core laptops.

I'm planning to get bios release

Never had this problem under XP

"Dennis Pack" <dennispack@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:A58852BA-348C-4CBD-9E21-74C73912BBB6@microsoft.com...
> Francisco:
> I had the same problem with my Compac Presario v2300cto laptop.
> The cure in my case was to update the bios. Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Vista x64 Enterprise
> Office 2007
> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7BAA4750-9CE0-423A-8281-85ED1D410524@microsoft.com...
>> After sending the laptop to sleep, when trying to turn it on again, it
>> appears the mouse pointer, but the screen remains black. It has happened
>> to a
>> new hp and a year-old Fujitsu. I have to shut them down completely and
>> reboot
>> them again. Any idea of how to correct this?

>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 01-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpc2Nv?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Sleep function
Mine is also an Hp compaq nc6320 and other nc8430. The former seems to have
solved the screen problem with the last Windows Vista Updates but the 8430,
there is no way to load Vista. In the last boot, it appears the blue screen
with white lettes meaning a hardware problem. HP said I had to wait for the
final Vista release. I have it now and still cannot load Vista.

"Steve Elliott" wrote:

> I've got the same problem, If my new HP laptop goes into sleep mode, when
> it's woken, the wifi has trouble powering up under vista and everything
> seems to hang. the laptop is only about 3 months and it's one of HP's new
> dual core laptops.
>
> I'm planning to get bios release
>
> Never had this problem under XP
>
> "Dennis Pack" <dennispack@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:A58852BA-348C-4CBD-9E21-74C73912BBB6@microsoft.com...
> > Francisco:
> > I had the same problem with my Compac Presario v2300cto laptop.
> > The cure in my case was to update the bios. Have a great day.
> >
> > --
> > Dennis Pack
> > Vista x64 Enterprise
> > Office 2007
> > "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:7BAA4750-9CE0-423A-8281-85ED1D410524@microsoft.com...
> >> After sending the laptop to sleep, when trying to turn it on again, it
> >> appears the mouse pointer, but the screen remains black. It has happened
> >> to a
> >> new hp and a year-old Fujitsu. I have to shut them down completely and
> >> reboot
> >> them again. Any idea of how to correct this?

> >

>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sleep mode and network issues =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 12-06-2008 00:13
Computer screensaver won't stop for sleep =?Utf-8?B?RGF3bg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 18 04-13-2007 03:24
Sleep Issues with Vista? =?Utf-8?B?aU5leHhGZWFy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 4 03-24-2007 19:34
windows vista crashes whem I put it into sleep =?Utf-8?B?TWFyY28=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 5 03-01-2007 10:14
Hybrid sleep mode not appearing?! Vicente Alvarez microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 01-04-2007 21:14




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:07.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120