Security Center failed

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

Security Center failed
i get this strange error message when i want to acces Security Center from
Control panel:

so thers a popup named:
Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
the program and notify you if a solution is avalible.

Now i got 2 choiceses: Debug or Close program.

Please help... i cant acces security center at all ;(
Hakan GOKCOL

Re: Security Center failed
Which is vista version? (RTM or RC)

Hakan GOKCOL

>i get this strange error message when i want to acces Security Center from
> Control panel:
>
> so thers a popup named:
> Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working
>
> A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
> the program and notify you if a solution is avalible.
>
> Now i got 2 choiceses: Debug or Close program.
>
> Please help... i cant acces security center at all ;(

=?Utf-8?B?RGF2aWQ=?=

Re: Security Center failed
Whats the difference? Where can i check that? I know i got 32bit Buisness
version.

"Hakan GOKCOL" wrote:

> Which is vista version? (RTM or RC)
>
> Hakan GOKCOL
>
> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i get this strange error message when i want to acces Security Center from
> > Control panel:
> >
> > so thers a popup named:
> > Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working
> >
> > A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close
> > the program and notify you if a solution is avalible.
> >
> > Now i got 2 choiceses: Debug or Close program.
> >
> > Please help... i cant acces security center at all ;(

stuart richards

Re: Security Center failed
The difference is that one is an earlier version (the RC version) than the
other which means that more errors and issues will have been made before the
RTM release and there will have been more improvements and issues sorted
between RTM and the Final Retail version, so there is a good chance that one
of us poor saps who have spent the last gawd knows how long testing will
have had this or a similar problem which lead to a fix!

I would start by running sfc to see if there has been some sort of
corruption as a first stop
> Whats the difference? Where can i check that? I know i got 32bit Buisness
> version.
>

> "Hakan GOKCOL" wrote:
>
>> Which is vista version? (RTM or RC)
>>
>> Hakan GOKCOL
>>
>> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i get this strange error message when i want to acces Security Center
>> >from
>> > Control panel:
>> >
>> > so thers a popup named:
>> > Windows host process (Rundll32) has stopped working
>> >
>> > A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will
>> > close
>> > the program and notify you if a solution is avalible.
>> >
>> > Now i got 2 choiceses: Debug or Close program.
>> >
>> > Please help... i cant acces security center at all ;(

=?Utf-8?B?SmVzcGVy?=

Re: Security Center failed
Actually, I would look at something third-party. Do you have any of the
following:
1. Third-party Anti-virus
2. Third-party Firewall
3. Third-party Anti-spyware

Security Center will call back to those programs to get their state. A bug
in any one of them can cause the error you are seeing. I know bugs in
third-party software sounds implausible, but it has actually happened in the
past.

"stuart richards" wrote:

> The difference is that one is an earlier version (the RC version) than the
> other which means that more errors and issues will have been made before the
> RTM release and there will have been more improvements and issues sorted
> between RTM and the Final Retail version, so there is a good chance that one
> of us poor saps who have spent the last gawd knows how long testing will
> have had this or a similar problem which lead to a fix!
>
> I would start by running sfc to see if there has been some sort of
> corruption as a first stop
> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Whats the difference? Where can i check that? I know i got 32bit Buisness
> > version.
> >

> > "Hakan GOKCOL" wrote:
> >
> >> Which is vista version? (RTM or RC)
> >>
> >> Hakan GOKCOL

=?Utf-8?B?cjlzaXRl?=

Re: Security Center failed
Hey JASPER, I found the solution, it was in another forum, I just typed
"services.msc" (without quotes) in the command line, then I looked for
"Security Center" service, and it was stopped, so I just turned it on again
and that´s it.
Don´t know the reason why this happened but it doesn´t seemed something to
worried about because everything inside Security Center was working.

Hope this can help others users too.
Bye