Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
=?Utf-8?B?TGl0aGl1bQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store
I have a problem in that regularly (several times per day), i have to
re-import my CA certificate into the trusted CAs certificate store. For some
reason, it keeps disapearing, and applictions don't recognised certifictes
signed by the CA as being trusted.

Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
Carsten Kinder [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store
>I have a problem in that regularly (several times per day), i have to
> re-import my CA certificate into the trusted CAs certificate store. For
> some
> reason, it keeps disapearing, and applictions don't recognised certifictes
> signed by the CA as being trusted.
>

Is that a domain joined computer? If yes, may be the domain administrator
has set the option "To perform certificate-based authentication of users and
computers, CAs must meet the following criteria: Registered in Active
Directory only" in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities Properties".
For related information, see Figure 4 in
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...t/tshtcrl.mspx.

--
Carsten Kinder
Microsoft Services

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
=?Utf-8?B?TGl0aGl1bQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store
Hi Carsten,

No its not joined to the domain. Its a standalone machine. Fresh install, I
have literally only installed Office 2007 and MS Foldershare. It only happens
on one of my 3 PCs, each of them has pretty much the same configuration.

Ryan

"Carsten Kinder [MSFT]" wrote:

> >I have a problem in that regularly (several times per day), i have to
> > re-import my CA certificate into the trusted CAs certificate store. For
> > some
> > reason, it keeps disapearing, and applictions don't recognised certifictes
> > signed by the CA as being trusted.
> >

> Is that a domain joined computer? If yes, may be the domain administrator
> has set the option "To perform certificate-based authentication of users and
> computers, CAs must meet the following criteria: Registered in Active
> Directory only" in the "Trusted Root Certification Authorities Properties".
> For related information, see Figure 4 in
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pro...t/tshtcrl.mspx.
>
> --
> Carsten Kinder
> Microsoft Services
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
Carsten Kinder [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store
> No its not joined to the domain. Its a standalone machine. Fresh install,
> I
> have literally only installed Office 2007 and MS Foldershare. It only
> happens
> on one of my 3 PCs, each of them has pretty much the same configuration.
>

That's curious! Could you please verify if those root CA certificates reside
in the computer's or user's certificate store?
To do so, open the Certificates MMC snap-in (certmgr.msc), select the
"Certificates - Current User" in the left pane. In the "View" menu, go to
"Options" and select "Physical certificate stores". In the left pane, expand
"Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and see where the root CA
certificates reside. They should be under "Local Computer - Certificates".
If the certificates are not in this container, put them there. The
"Registry" container would hold the certificates that are trusted by the
current user only. Root CA certificates should always be stored in the
computer store.

--
Carsten Kinder
Microsoft Services

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2006
=?Utf-8?B?TGl0aGl1bQ==?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Trusted CA dissapearing from certificate store
Hi Carsten,

The certs were in my user store, I have moved them to the local computer
store to see if they behave themselves there. I am the only user of the 3
PCs, so having the certs loaded in the user store isn't really an issue for
me. I would expect them to stay put even in my user store.

Ryan

"Carsten Kinder [MSFT]" wrote:

> > No its not joined to the domain. Its a standalone machine. Fresh install,
> > I
> > have literally only installed Office 2007 and MS Foldershare. It only
> > happens
> > on one of my 3 PCs, each of them has pretty much the same configuration.
> >

> That's curious! Could you please verify if those root CA certificates reside
> in the computer's or user's certificate store?
> To do so, open the Certificates MMC snap-in (certmgr.msc), select the
> "Certificates - Current User" in the left pane. In the "View" menu, go to
> "Options" and select "Physical certificate stores". In the left pane, expand
> "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" and see where the root CA
> certificates reside. They should be under "Local Computer - Certificates".
> If the certificates are not in this container, put them there. The
> "Registry" container would hold the certificates that are trusted by the
> current user only. Root CA certificates should always be stored in the
> computer store.
>
> --
> Carsten Kinder
> Microsoft Services
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista asks to choose certificate when access shared folders =?Utf-8?B?SnU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 1 02-14-2007 13:24
Shared Mail Store =?Utf-8?B?QW5keSBEb3ZlMjE=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 02-13-2007 13:02
SMTP over SSL - Certificate issue =?Utf-8?B?RFJN?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 4 02-08-2007 06:15
Store REUSEABLE, FINALLY mikeyhsd microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 12-26-2006 14:47
Re: Windows Mail not able to use existing mail store? =?Utf-8?B?S2VuIFMu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 12-24-2006 16:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:47.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120