Help - Software Install & Use problems when logged off

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?cm1jdmljYXI=?=

Help - Software Install & Use problems when logged off
Does anyone know what is going on with this? My user account is a Local
Administrator (I am a Domain User) and I have a few challenges that seem to
be related to Access / Security such as:

When Installing I get some access denied issues (I do not have access or
rights)?
When disconnected from the network but logged on as the same user, I can not
launch some applications and I get a message that access denied?

This is a clean install of Vista Business. I am in the Domain Administrators
Group and a Local Administrator on this Notebook.

Any ideas would be great.
=?Utf-8?B?VElt?=

RE: Help - Software Install & Use problems when logged off
So you probably should not have yourself in the domain admis group becuase if
you get a virus on your machine, your machine then has access to spread that
to others with in your domain. You never know what your anti-virus will not
catch. I would try using the RunAs command to see if that would help resolve
your issue.

"rmcvicar" wrote:

> Does anyone know what is going on with this? My user account is a Local
> Administrator (I am a Domain User) and I have a few challenges that seem to
> be related to Access / Security such as:
>
> When Installing I get some access denied issues (I do not have access or
> rights)?
> When disconnected from the network but logged on as the same user, I can not
> launch some applications and I get a message that access denied?
>
> This is a clean install of Vista Business. I am in the Domain Administrators
> Group and a Local Administrator on this Notebook.
>
> Any ideas would be great.

=?Utf-8?B?cm1jdmljYXI=?=

RE: Help - Software Install & Use problems when logged off
Thanks Merry Christmas..........