Re: Best practice: traversal of all folders.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Jan Ilacqua [MVP]

"Manuel Lopez" <limited@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message

> "N" in explorer seems to be a mistake by Microsoft, that wasn't caught by
> the beta testers.

Not necessarily an accurate assumption. There were many, many things that
were caught, and bugged, and discussed extensively, by the Vista Beta
testers, however, it is, after all, MS's program, and the MS development
and/or prgramming folks decided not to correct or change a lot the bugs,
many were closed as "Won't fix" So bugs that still exist in Vista are not
totally the fault of the beta testers, who can only find and report the
bugs, they can't force MS to do anything about them, or to what extent. :-)

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE

Tech_vs_Life

Re: Best practice: traversal of all folders.
good point. at first glance, this doesn't appear to be in one of the
classes of things that they can't quickly fix (it's not complicated, not an
old-standing bug, and has no dependencies that fixing would break)

"Jan Ilacqua [MVP]" <abuse@localhost.invalid> wrote in message
> "Manuel Lopez" <limited@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message
>>
>> "N" in explorer seems to be a mistake by Microsoft, that wasn't caught by
>> the beta testers.

> Not necessarily an accurate assumption. There were many, many things
> that were caught, and bugged, and discussed extensively, by the Vista Beta
> testers, however, it is, after all, MS's program, and the MS development
> and/or prgramming folks decided not to correct or change a lot the bugs,
> many were closed as "Won't fix" So bugs that still exist in Vista are
> not totally the fault of the beta testers, who can only find and report
> the bugs, they can't force MS to do anything about them, or to what
> extent. :-)
>
> Jan
> MS MVP - Windows IE

Jan Ilacqua [MVP]

Re: Best practice: traversal of all folders.
In fairness to the MS folks who were also in the Beta trenches, there were a
lot of things that the teams were hoping to fix, but, they just ran out of
time. There came a point where they had to lock the code to prepare for
RTM. Many fought just as hard as the BT's on some issues, however, they
were also answering to higher ups. I think we will see some of these things
corrected in the SP1, as you say, they are the type of things that can be
corrected without a lot of in-depth code changes. Until then, we will
either have to work with it, around it, or find some way to get by until the
SP1. Not exactly the most favorable choice, but, for now, the only ones we
may have.

Jan
MS MVP - Windows IE