McAfee

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzZQ==?=

McAfee
Grr! I installed McAfee the latest one and it errored and it wouldnt let me
use Vista!!!! how rude is that, i thought microsoft sorted this big problem
with security software?

I did go into safe mode and removed it through there and everything is
working now.
Jimmy Brush

Re: McAfee
Hello,

You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require an
upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.

--
- JB

Windows Vista Support Faq
http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Jeff

Re: McAfee
Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work sometimes;some
however, are now blocked.
Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
applications.
They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
The McAfee basics:
Virus Scan
Firewall
Spamkiller
and
Privacy Manager
are all now Vista compatible.
The Security Center is also compatible.
What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
management features.
The rest however, work fine now.
In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
management feature did work.
Ran all of them with Vista.

Jeff

"Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require
> an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>

> --
> - JB
>
> Windows Vista Support Faq
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

=?Utf-8?B?SmFzZQ==?=

Re: McAfee
Hm, But theres no option to not install them? I think the error did say
something about firewall, but i cant remember now..

At the moment i've got windows one care installed because its Microsoft
basicaly Microsoft V Microsoft = Bingo

So which version should i install?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
> One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
> Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
> Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work sometimes;some
> however, are now blocked.
> Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
> Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
> It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
> Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
> Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
> applications.
> They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
> The McAfee basics:
> Virus Scan
> Firewall
> Spamkiller
> and
> Privacy Manager
> are all now Vista compatible.
> The Security Center is also compatible.
> What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
> management features.
> The rest however, work fine now.
> In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
> management feature did work.
> Ran all of them with Vista.
>
> Jeff
>
> "Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> > works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require
> > an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> > software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
> >

> > --
> > - JB
> >
> > Windows Vista Support Faq
> > http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Re: McAfee
try AVG free, and leave McAfee for dead..

"Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hm, But theres no option to not install them? I think the error did say
> something about firewall, but i cant remember now..
>
> At the moment i've got windows one care installed because its Microsoft
> basicaly Microsoft V Microsoft = Bingo
>
> So which version should i install?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
>> One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
>> Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
>> Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work
>> sometimes;some
>> however, are now blocked.
>> Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
>> Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
>> It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
>> Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
>> Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
>> applications.
>> They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
>> The McAfee basics:
>> Virus Scan
>> Firewall
>> Spamkiller
>> and
>> Privacy Manager
>> are all now Vista compatible.
>> The Security Center is also compatible.
>> What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
>> management features.
>> The rest however, work fine now.
>> In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
>> management feature did work.
>> Ran all of them with Vista.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product
>> > that
>> > works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always
>> > require
>> > an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
>> > software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>> >

>> > --
>> > - JB
>> >
>> > Windows Vista Support Faq
>> > http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

Jeff

Re: McAfee
Jase,

Mcafee's Home Personal Firewall version 8.1 (8.1.123)
and
Security Center version 7.1 (7.1.134)
are Vista compatible.

If you have Mcafee as a subscription; just go to your account and
download them, they should automatically update to the Vista compatible
versions.
As I test various AV solutions frequently, I'm not currently running
McAfee's AV, however,it too will update itself;if you download it.

As a side note,
yes AVG works fine too,so does Avast,and various other AV's, NOD32, and
Trend, to name a few.
I've tried pretty much all of them,free or in beta;or as a free trial.
This with Vista-from beta 2 5384 through the current final release.

Jeff

"Jase" <Jase@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hm, But theres no option to not install them? I think the error did say
> something about firewall, but i cant remember now..
>
> At the moment i've got windows one care installed because its Microsoft
> basicaly Microsoft V Microsoft = Bingo
>
> So which version should i install?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> Ahh Jimmy, and Jase,
>> One company I am very familiar with, Mcafee.
>> Their obvious whining aside, McAfee's products do work with Vista.
>> Depending on your specific situation, McAfee's products work
>> sometimes;some
>> however, are now blocked.
>> Let me start this by saying, McAfee Enterprise v8.5 RC(if it's still in
>> Beta) has worked with Vista every since McAfee came out with it.
>> It's McAfee's Enterprise Virus Scan, basically.
>> Now; onto Mcafee Home products.
>> Everything in their suite is now Vista compatible; except for 2
>> applications.
>> They are Quick Clean, and McAfee's network management feature.
>> The McAfee basics:
>> Virus Scan
>> Firewall
>> Spamkiller
>> and
>> Privacy Manager
>> are all now Vista compatible.
>> The Security Center is also compatible.
>> What you may see, Jase; is that Vista blocks Quick clean and the network
>> management features.
>> The rest however, work fine now.
>> In fact, before McAfee started whining, Quick Clean and the network
>> management feature did work.
>> Ran all of them with Vista.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> "Jimmy Brush" <JimmyBrush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product
>> > that
>> > works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always
>> > require
>> > an upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
>> > software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>> >

>> > --
>> > - JB
>> >
>> > Windows Vista Support Faq
>> > http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

=?Utf-8?B?UmViZWNjYQ==?=

Re: McAfee
Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
PRIOR to selling VISTA I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to
actually be BETA TESTERS.

"Jimmy Brush" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You will have to wait until McAfee releases a version of its product that
> works with Vista. System software, such as virus scanners, always require an
> upgrade when new versions of Windows are released. And sometimes the
> software vendors take their sweet time providing updates.
>

> --
> - JB
>
> Windows Vista Support Faq
> http://www.jimmah.com/vista/

B. Nice

Re: McAfee
On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:38:01 -0800, Rebecca
<Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
>would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
>software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
>PRIOR to selling VISTA

Or McAfee could have used their time working on making their products
Vista-compatible instead of on blaming MS for making a more secure
product.

> I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to actually be BETA TESTERS.

You are'nt very good at guessing. BTW, noone forces you to run Vista.
=?Utf-8?B?UmViZWNjYQ==?=

Re: McAfee
You are right, no one forces anyone to buy VISTA, but with all the hype, and
all the good reviews I read, VISTA is supposed to be excellent.

"B. Nice" wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 03:38:01 -0800, Rebecca
> <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Seems McAfee isn't the only program that VISTA is giving problems with. I
> >would have THOUGHT Microsoft would have got together with all these different
> >software companies to make sure their products were compatible with VISTA,
> >PRIOR to selling VISTA

> Or McAfee could have used their time working on making their products
> Vista-compatible instead of on blaming MS for making a more secure
> product.
>
> > I guess in essence, we all paid $200 for VISTA to actually be BETA TESTERS.

> You are'nt very good at guessing. BTW, noone forces you to run Vista.

jimrx4

Re: McAfee
What's the problem with McAfee? I am a Comcast subscriber and have
downloaded McAfee v 11.2. Vista Ult. doesn't squawk a bit and it seems to be
doing a good job. I like Symantec but all of their products seems to wreck
havoc with your system.