trojan

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

ghost

trojan
im stuck ive tried spybot windows defender everything i downloaded some virus
or adware or something everytime i click on anything a warning pops up saying
this trojan.win.32startpage.fg and then it directs me to download some
adware removal tool any help will be awesome!!! my emai is
frag_ur_azz@yahoo.com or i can check on here thankz
Malke

Re: trojan
ghost wrote:
> im stuck ive tried spybot windows defender everything i downloaded some virus
> or adware or something everytime i click on anything a warning pops up saying
> this trojan.win.32startpage.fg and then it directs me to download some
> adware removal tool any help will be awesome!!! my emai is
> frag_ur_azz@yahoo.com or i can check on here thankz

Without knowing the name of the "some adware removal tool" to which you
are directed, I can't give you exact removal instructions. Go to this
link and look for the name of that program to see if there is a removal
tutorial:

Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

Otherwise, follow these general removal steps:

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to
do all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/siche...ning_tool.html
- download site

The site is in German but David's tool is in English so don't let that
worry you. Scroll all the way down to almost the bottom of the page and
you'll see a box titled "Infos Zum Download - Multi-AV Scanning Tool".
You'll see "Download von www pctipp.ch" and the live link to download
Multi_AV.

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the first link above (not here, please).

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. If you are unable to remove the infection by following the
general steps, register at one of the HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard caveat: If the procedures look too complex - and there is no
shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a
professional computer repair shop (not your local version of
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may
be so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all
your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Cyberhash

Re: trojan
download superantispyware
its free and should cure your woes

"ghost" <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> im stuck ive tried spybot windows defender everything i downloaded some
> virus
> or adware or something everytime i click on anything a warning pops up
> saying
> this trojan.win.32startpage.fg and then it directs me to download some
> adware removal tool any help will be awesome!!! my emai is
> frag_ur_azz@yahoo.com or i can check on here thankz

Peter Foldes

Re: trojan
That will not work if the computer is infected. You need to clean out the malware. See Malke's advice on how to go about this

--
Peter

"Gene_fitz" <gene_fitz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:58768658-B1D1-4369-815E-AB5236AFF053@microsoft.com...
>I would try a system restore to before you started having these issues..
> Then upon re-start, clear your Temporary Internet Files..
>
> "ghost" <ghost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> im stuck ive tried spybot windows defender everything i downloaded some
>> virus
>> or adware or something everytime i click on anything a warning pops up
>> saying
>> this trojan.win.32startpage.fg and then it directs me to download some
>> adware removal tool any help will be awesome!!! my emai is
>> frag_ur_azz@yahoo.com or i can check on here thankz

Gene_fitz

Re: trojan