UAC and Window Prompts Odd Looking

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

SuperTongue

UAC and Window Prompts Odd Looking
I recently reformatted Vista because I had gotten a new motherboard and
processor. Ever since then, my computer has been running great with Vista.

My only problem is that whenever a UAC Prompt comes up (or a "Windows"
prompt such as scanning the system for a new rating) there are a good amount
of black lines through the window. It is usually just through that prompt
window, nothing else. If I move the window, it will do some kind of drag
effect and make slight copies of the window around the screen.

My system specs:
GeForce 7800 GS
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz processor
1.25 gb of ram
roy69

Re: UAC and Window Prompts Odd Looking

Check your gfx drivers. Has your motherboard got onbard gfx that has
not been turned off. Check your error logs, this may give you some
warnings that may explain. If this works repost to let us know. One
persons experiance can be another persons answer.

--
roy69

- Core 2 Quad Q6600
- Abit IP35 Pro
- 4 x 1GB OcUK PC2-6400 C5 800 MHZ Duel Channel
- Leadtek GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB GDDR3
- CiBox TFT 22" Widescreen LCD Panel. 1680 x 1050
- Creative X-Fi 7.1 PCI-E
- Antec 900 Ultimate Gaming Case
- Creative Inspire 7.1 T7900 Speakers
- Corsair HX 620W ATX2.2 Modular SLI Complient PSU
Hank Arnold (MVP)

SuperTongue wrote:
> I recently reformatted Vista because I had gotten a new motherboard and
> processor. Ever since then, my computer has been running great with Vista.
>
> My only problem is that whenever a UAC Prompt comes up (or a "Windows"
> prompt such as scanning the system for a new rating) there are a good amount
> of black lines through the window. It is usually just through that prompt
> window, nothing else. If I move the window, it will do some kind of drag
> effect and make slight copies of the window around the screen.
>
> My system specs:
> GeForce 7800 GS
> Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 ghz processor
> 1.25 gb of ram

Sounds like a video driver to me... Try downloading the latest drivers
from the manufacturer's web site.

--

Regards,
Hank Arnold