Windows Vista Home Premium Blocking the install of ActiveX control

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Patrick

Windows Vista Home Premium Blocking the install of ActiveX control
Can anyone help find a way around my Windows Vista Home Premium blocking the
installation of an ActiveX Control? I need to join into a safe RV chatroom.
When I give my permission to install it, I keep getting a message that
windows has blocked the installation because it does not recognize the site
publisher.

Patrick

RE: Windows Vista Home Premium Blocking the install of ActiveX control

FIXED!
I managed to stumble into a fix for my problem of not being able to get into
your chat room. After running back and forth between Windows Security and
McAfee Security on my computer I happened to click on my Internet Explore
TOOLS tab and then Internet Options. I clicked on the Advanced tab and
scrolled down to the “Security” listing. There I found two lines UNCHECKED.
The first was: Allow active content to run in files on My Computer. And the
second was: Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid.

Well seeing my error messages I was getting had to do with ActiveX and
Unauthorized Publisher I thought I would try to put a check mark on both of
the lines, hit “Apply” and then OK. Went back to your hotlink to the chat
room and BINGO.. It loaded right up and I was in. YES!!!

I did go back and UNCHECK the two lines I had mentioned under the Advanced
tab and returned to the site. It still seems to let me in OK now that I
have used the site once so it appears they do not have to be checked all the
time, only when trying to log on for the first time.
Keeping my fingers crossed things keep working. Ha ha