Logon to Windows disabled on Vista Remote Desktop

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

vovan

Logon to Windows disabled on Vista Remote Desktop
I have 3 servers with Windows 2003 Small Business located in different
locations.
I used to use to connect to them via Remote Desktop from Windows XP.
Now I've got a new PC with Vista Ultimate.
With one of the servers I always get a message saying "The system couldn't
logon on you. Make sure....". After I click OK it enables User Name and
Password fields. User Name field contains 'mail.sersys.net\Administrator'
and Password filled in. I remove 'mail.sersys.net\' and can login.
On XP I never have anything, but Administrator.
But 2 other servers display the same messages, and do not enable User Name
and Password after I click OK.

I repeat - no problem at all with connection from XP.
What should be done on the servers or on my Vista PC to establish
connection?

Thank you
vovan

vovan

Re: Logon to Windows disabled on Vista Remote Desktop
I found out that if I enter 'mail.secondserver.net\Administrator' then I get
the same error message but after I click I get enabled boxes.
So I moved a little bit forward, but I wouldn't want to retype 2 times the
same User name.
How to avoid that?

Thank you
vovan

"vovan" <v@v.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 servers with Windows 2003 Small Business located in different
>locations.
> I used to use to connect to them via Remote Desktop from Windows XP.
> Now I've got a new PC with Vista Ultimate.
> With one of the servers I always get a message saying "The system couldn't
> logon on you. Make sure....". After I click OK it enables User Name and
> Password fields. User Name field contains 'mail.sersys.net\Administrator'
> and Password filled in. I remove 'mail.sersys.net\' and can login.
> On XP I never have anything, but Administrator.
> But 2 other servers display the same messages, and do not enable User Name
> and Password after I click OK.
>
> I repeat - no problem at all with connection from XP.
> What should be done on the servers or on my Vista PC to establish
> connection?
>
> Thank you
> vovan

Kerry Brown

Re: Logon to Windows disabled on Vista Remote Desktop
Use the format "domain_name\user_name" when specifying the user name.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User

"vovan" <v@v.com> wrote in message
>I have 3 servers with Windows 2003 Small Business located in different
>locations.
> I used to use to connect to them via Remote Desktop from Windows XP.
> Now I've got a new PC with Vista Ultimate.
> With one of the servers I always get a message saying "The system couldn't
> logon on you. Make sure....". After I click OK it enables User Name and
> Password fields. User Name field contains 'mail.sersys.net\Administrator'
> and Password filled in. I remove 'mail.sersys.net\' and can login.
> On XP I never have anything, but Administrator.
> But 2 other servers display the same messages, and do not enable User Name
> and Password after I click OK.
>
> I repeat - no problem at all with connection from XP.
> What should be done on the servers or on my Vista PC to establish
> connection?
>
> Thank you
> vovan

vovan

Re: Logon to Windows disabled on Vista Remote Desktop
Thanks a lot