Problems with internet connection either wireless or DSL

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Frabato

Problems with internet connection either wireless or DSL
Computer is Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
Problems began when webpages kept changing and flipping back and forth. Ran
CA Internet Security software and located HTML/Phishbank.BBM infection but
could NOT delete or quarantine it. CA Internet Security includes Anti-virus,
Anti-spyware, Personal Firewall, and Anti-spam all of which were turned off
when this all began. Ran AVG anti-virus, AVG anti-spyware, TrojanHunter,
SpyBot and WIndows Defender. All removed so many different spywares, a
trojan, and other viruses. Only Windows Defender, both CA Anti-virus and AVG
Anti-virus, and CA Personal Firewall are activated. After running all these
over the course of a whole day, it seemed like the problem was fixed. The
new problem is internet connectivity is spotty, can sometimes use Mozilla
Firefox to start but soon loses connectivity. Rebooting solved that fo a
while including Windows Mail connectivity. Now rebooting does not even help
at all. Have NO internet connectivity at all even though internet connection
is ON and shows as good connection. Can someone please advise what to do to
resolve this. Have tried almost everything possible I kwow so far. Now I am
reaching for help to the online experts here. Web mal allows me to log in
but loses connectivity again. I am writing from another computer while
re-running TojanHunter right now. Wll change firewall to Windows Defender to
see if it helps any. Thanks in advance. frabato
Mr. Arnold

Re: Problems with internet connection either wireless or DSL

"Frabato" <Frabato@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Computer is Toshiba Satellite running Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.
> Problems began when webpages kept changing and flipping back and forth.
> Ran
> CA Internet Security software and located HTML/Phishbank.BBM infection but
> could NOT delete or quarantine it. CA Internet Security includes
> Anti-virus,
> Anti-spyware, Personal Firewall, and Anti-spam all of which were turned
> off
> when this all began. Ran AVG anti-virus, AVG anti-spyware, TrojanHunter,
> SpyBot and WIndows Defender. All removed so many different spywares, a
> trojan, and other viruses. Only Windows Defender, both CA Anti-virus and
> AVG
> Anti-virus, and CA Personal Firewall are activated. After running all
> these
> over the course of a whole day, it seemed like the problem was fixed. The
> new problem is internet connectivity is spotty, can sometimes use Mozilla
> Firefox to start but soon loses connectivity. Rebooting solved that fo a
> while including Windows Mail connectivity. Now rebooting does not even
> help
> at all. Have NO internet connectivity at all even though internet
> connection
> is ON and shows as good connection. Can someone please advise what to do
> resolve this. Have tried almost everything possible I kwow so far. Now I
> am
> reaching for help to the online experts here. Web mal allows me to log in
> but loses connectivity again. I am writing from another computer while
> re-running TojanHunter right now. Wll change firewall to Windows Defender
> see if it helps any. Thanks in advance. frabato

Your only option is this.

<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/columns/secmgmt/sm0504.mspx>

Your second option is to practice safe hex, because it's really based on you
and what you're doing sitting behind the mouse doing the pointing and
clicking and your behavior.

http://www.eweek.com/prestitial/0,,,...32447%2C00.asp
http://www.claymania.com/safe-hex.html

Dennis

Re: Problems with internet connection either wireless or DSL

Have new Acer laptop with Vista system on it. I am unable to connect to
the wireless network. It recognizes the wireless network but will not
connect to it. I have another computer connected to the same network
without problems. A previous Acer laptop with a different system
connected without problems. I have taken the laptop back to the store
and they can get it to connect to their wireless system.
I have gone to the wireless security settings and typed in the network
security key and it still recognizes the network but will not connect to
it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dennis

--
Dennis
kliest

Re: Problems with internet connection either wireless or DSL

We had similar issue.... We uninstalled AVG and everything worked again.
AVG is supposed to work with Vista. I have not resolved how to use AVG
yet. Works fine on my XP boxes

--
kliest