malware protection

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Kind150

malware protection
I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software on
this computer. In addition, it stated that windows defender is turned off
when it is on. I feel that this has affected the Network and Sharing center
as it stated ' server execution failed' and I am on the internet. Can anyone
please help?
Straight Talk

Re: malware protection
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:16:00 -0800, Kind150
<Kind150@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
>malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software on
>this computer.

Maybe your malware protection comes with a sense of quality ;-)

SCNR
Max

RE: malware protection

"Kind150" wrote:

> I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
> malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software on
> this computer. In addition, it stated that windows defender is turned off
> when it is on. I feel that this has affected the Network and Sharing center
> as it stated ' server execution failed' and I am on the internet. Can anyone
> please help?

I can't be really sure whether what I'm saying is correct or not, but
personally I'm inclined to think that perhaps Windows did not recognize
Norton, or your version of Norton anyway. However, this is pretty weird
because I believe that Microsoft made it so that Windows could recognize most
"mainstream" protection softwares, and Norton is pretty well known.

As for Windows Defender, have you tried turning it off and on again? Unlike
firewalls, turning an anti-spyware program off for a jiffy wouldn't
jeopardize your computer's safety. But if you don't want to take the chance,
you could get anther anti-spyware program, and then play around with Windows
Defender while the other program is doing it's job.

As for your Network and Sharing Center problem, I did a google search and
this is what I found: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?p=3104870.
Try following the steps in the post by dpnewkirk.

Good luck!
junior

Re: malware protection

"Straight Talk" wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2007 23:16:00 -0800, Kind150
> <Kind150@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
> >malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software on
> >this computer.

> Maybe your malware protection comes with a sense of quality ;-)
>
> SCNR

Juani

RE: malware protection

"Kind150" wrote:

> I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
> malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software on
> this computer. In addition, it stated that windows defender is turned off
> when it is on. I feel that this has affected the Network and Sharing center
> as it stated ' server execution failed' and I am on the internet. Can anyone
> please help?

dinesh

Re: malware protection

Kind150;540874 Wrote:
> I have installed a Norton Internet Security 2007 in my computer but the
> malware protection states that windows did not find antivirus software
> on
> this computer. In addition, it stated that windows defender is turned
> off
> when it is on. I feel that this has affected the Network and Sharing
> center
> as it stated ' server execution failed' and I am on the internet. Can
> anyone
> please help?

I had the same issue with NIS 09. I uninstalled and reinstalled a
couple of time and it worked fine.

--
dinesh

Dinesh is a glorious beacon of light - Says Google.
kawsar

RE: malware protection

i have problem my computer malware protection is off