Re: Allowing a program through Windows Defender

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

PA Bear

Re: Allowing a program through Windows Defender
Forwarded to Vista.Security newsgroup via crosspost.

Microsoft has established separate newsgroups for Windows Defender support
and comments. This is not one of them.

See
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/secu...s/default.mspx
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Mike Hotek wrote:
> I've installed several programs that I know what they are, why they are on
> my machine, and what they do. But, this stupid UAC along with Windows
> Defender interfere with all of them. How do I tell Windows Defender to
> ignore and allow these applications to run on my machine and for this
> stupid UAC to quit making me confirm that I really want to run these. I'm
> right on the edge of uninstalling Windows Defender and disabling this UAC
> hunk of junk.

brink

PA Bear;540665 Wrote:

> Mike Hotek wrote:
> Quote:
>
> > I've installed several programs that I know what they are, why they

> are on
> > my machine, and what they do. But, this stupid UAC along with Windows
> > Defender interfere with all of them. How do I tell Windows Defender

> > ignore and allow these applications to run on my machine and for this
> > stupid UAC to quit making me confirm that I really want to run these.

> I'm
> > right on the edge of uninstalling Windows Defender and disabling this

> UAC
> > hunk of junk.

Hi Mike,

You can see how to adjust Windows Defender settings in this tutorial.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...ification.html

You can see how to turn UAC on or off in this tutorial. I would read
the WARNING though, and consider "Elevating the Administrator Privilege"
instead. (See related links)

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/48...ntrol-uac.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
wguru

Re: Allowing a program through Windows Defender

I'm just guessing as nowhere am I finding this sort of information or
disclosure, but it seems that UAC over rides Windows Defender's allowed
programs, so 'UAC needs turned off in order to enable desired programs
to run'?

Additionally, nowhere am I finding information or disclosure with
regards to this string's initial post (including a reply alluding to an
answer supposedly found in the referenced tutorial, which I don't find
that answer).

So if anyone has an answer to this post's initial question, please
simply post it (ie; How do 'we' list a desired program in the 'Defender
'exceptions' list?' as the only afforded options 'we' are finding are to
remove exceptions).

--
wguru