User account doesn't appear on login screen

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Happy Dog

User account doesn't appear on login screen
From: "Derik" <berwaldd@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: User account disappeared from login screen
Date: Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:57 PM

yes there is a way to make so u have to type a user name and password.
first click start and then run, and then type in control userpasswords2.
after that put a check in the box that says require users to enter a
user name and password to use this computer. then go to the advanced tab
and put a check in the box that says control + alt + delete.

Happy Dog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Vista Ultimate. I had two user accounts with admin
> privilages and password protected. When I went to Switch Users, my
> password was repeatedly rejected and then that account disappeared from
> the login screen. I tried rebooting several times but nothing. I turned
> user account control back on and rebooted and the missing user account
> reappeared and the one that was working has now vanished! What up? I
> believe there's a way to enter a user name on the login screen but I
> can't remember it...

happydog@sympatico.ca

Re: User account doesn't appear on login screen
On Dec 6 2007, 5:28*pm, "Happy Dog" <happy...@sympatico.ca> wrote:
> From: "Derik" <berwa...@gmail.com>

> > I am running Vista Ultimate. I had two user accounts with admin
> > privilages and password protected. When I went to Switch Users, my
> > password was repeatedly rejected and then that account disappeared from
> > the login screen. I tried rebooting several times but nothing. I turned
> > user account control back on and rebooted and the missing user account
> > reappeared and the one that was working has now vanished! What up? I
> > believe there's a way to enter a user name on the login screen but I
> > can't remember it...- Hide quoted text -

> Subject: Re: User account disappeared from login screen
> Date: Thursday, December 06, 2007 4:57 PM
>
> yes there is a way to make so u have to type a user name and password.
> first click start and then run, and then type in control userpasswords2.
> after that put a check in the box that says require users to enter a
> user name and password to use this computer. then go to the advanced tab
> and put a check in the box that says control + alt + delete.

Now all users except "Guest" have vanished from the login screen. I
can find them in the Local Users and Groups directory but, under the
General tab, it says they're "Locked Out". If I try to uncheck this,
it says "Access Denied". Any ideas?