decrypting a file after windows vista is formatted & all the keys

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Vicky-Aryan

decrypting a file after windows vista is formatted & all the keys
Hi,
i am using windows vista business in my sony vaio laptop. nd i made some
of my files encrypted during normal use with the help of fingerprint sensor
without providing the additional password , only swiping the finger on
sensor could
unlock those files but it can not be unlocked by a password bcoz i didnt
provide it at the time of encryption. nd then recently i formatted my windows
vista without decrypting those locked files and now i have installed new copy
of windows vista on my laptop , but i m unable to unlock the encrypted files .
cud anyone pls help me to know the solution for decrypting the files again.
pls mail me the solution.
i seriously need your help
nd i lost all the keys nd certificates of previous windows vista nd there is
no backup of any key or certificate.
Richard G. Harper

Re: decrypting a file after windows vista is formatted & all the keys
In short, you are in trouble. There is really no user tool that can recover
these files. You might be able to get them recovered by a professional data
recovery service but that's going to take time and be expensive. In the
future be sure you always back up keys and certificates used to encrypt
files or folders.