Blocked startup programs

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

TV-VCR

Blocked startup programs
I think a nice addon to SP1 before it gets rolled out (or SP2, maybe... or
maybe just something through windows update) would be the option to tell
Vista to not block a certain program on startup.

i.e., it blocks Program A and and Program B on startup. Let's say I want it
to not block Program A anymore. In the menu that pops up when you right click
on the Blocked Programs would be the option "Unblock Program A and don't
block this program again".

It would be handy. There are a lot of non-malicious programs out there like
Fraps that get blocked.

~Chris

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sta.sec urity
brink

Re: Blocked startup programs

TV-VCR;533524 Wrote:
> I think a nice addon to SP1 before it gets rolled out (or SP2, maybe...
> or
> maybe just something through windows update) would be the option to
> tell
> Vista to not block a certain program on startup.
>
> i.e., it blocks Program A and and Program B on startup. Let's say I
> want it
> to not block Program A anymore. In the menu that pops up when you right
> click
> on the Blocked Programs would be the option "Unblock Program A and
> don't
> block this program again".
>
> It would be handy. There are a lot of non-malicious programs out there
> like
> Fraps that get blocked.
>
> ~Chris
>
> ----------------
> suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> "I
> this
> link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> then
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> 'Windows Vista Community: Discussion Groups'
> (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sta.sec urity)

Hi Chris,

This tutorial will show you how to easily block or unblock startup
programs. Method One is the easiest way.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
TV-VCR

"brink" wrote:

> TV-VCR;533524 Wrote:
> > I think a nice addon to SP1 before it gets rolled out (or SP2, maybe...
> > or
> > maybe just something through windows update) would be the option to
> > tell
> > Vista to not block a certain program on startup.
> >
> > i.e., it blocks Program A and and Program B on startup. Let's say I
> > want it
> > to not block Program A anymore. In the menu that pops up when you right
> > click
> > on the Blocked Programs would be the option "Unblock Program A and
> > don't
> > block this program again".
> >
> > It would be handy. There are a lot of non-malicious programs out there
> > like
> > Fraps that get blocked.
> >
> > ~Chris
> >
> > ----------------
> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
> > "I
> > this
> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
> > then
> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> >
> > 'Windows Vista Community: Discussion Groups'
> > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sta.sec urity)

> Hi Chris,
>
> This tutorial will show you how to easily block or unblock startup
> programs. Method One is the easiest way.
>
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html
>
> Shawn
>

> --
> brink

> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
> *Please post feedback to help others.*

Wow, thanks.
sdgreen

"TV-VCR" <TVVCR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "brink" wrote:
>

>> TV-VCR;533524 Wrote:
>> > I think a nice addon to SP1 before it gets rolled out (or SP2, maybe...
>> > or
>> > maybe just something through windows update) would be the option to
>> > tell
>> > Vista to not block a certain program on startup.
>> >
>> > i.e., it blocks Program A and and Program B on startup. Let's say I
>> > want it
>> > to not block Program A anymore. In the menu that pops up when you right
>> > click
>> > on the Blocked Programs would be the option "Unblock Program A and
>> > don't
>> > block this program again".
>> >
>> > It would be handy. There are a lot of non-malicious programs out there
>> > like
>> > Fraps that get blocked.
>> >
>> > ~Chris
>> >
>> > ----------------
>> > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
>> > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the
>> > "I
>> > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
>> > this
>> > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and
>> > then
>> > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>> >
>> > 'Windows Vista Community: Discussion Groups'
>> > (http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...sta.sec urity)

>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> This tutorial will show you how to easily block or unblock startup
>> programs. Method One is the easiest way.
>>
>> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html
>>
>> Shawn
>>

>> --
>> brink
>>
>> *There are no dumb questions, just the people that do not ask them.*
>> WWW.VISTAX64.COM (\"HTTP://WWW.VISTAX64.COM\")
>> *Please post feedback to help others.*
>>

> Wow, thanks.

Great, but Defender will not unblock the target program and I still get the
'windows blocked program' message.

sdgreen;535236 Wrote:

> "brink" wrote:
> >> Hi Chris,
> >>
> >> This tutorial will show you how to easily block or unblock startup
> >> programs. Method One is the easiest way.
> >>
> >> 'Startup Programs - Enable or Disable'

> (http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/79...e-disable.html)
> >>
> >> Shawn

> Great, but Defender will not unblock the target program and I still get
> the
> 'windows blocked program' message.

If it's "Windows" and not "Windows Defender" that has blocked the
program message, then take a look at Method Two and step 9 in it to. It
will show you how to get rid of the message and unblock the program.

Shawn

--
brink

*Please post feedback to help others.*
Aussie10

Re: Blocked startup programs

--
selling on the net

Aussie10;718002 Wrote:
> --
> selling on the net
>

> "brink" wrote:

Hi Aussie10,

Selling ??

Not sure what you mean. Could you clarify?

Shawn

--
Brink

them.*