VISTA: HOME PREMIUM :SOME SOFTWARE INSTALLATION PROBLEM
I am using a new Lenevo 3000 with vista home premium. Looks like problems
arises when installing softwares. for simple case
1. winamp: during installation it says
"Error opening file for writing"
c:\program files\winamp\plugins\nscrt.dll-click abort to stop the
installation-retry to try again or ignore to skip this file".
2. Java plugins installation it says
"Error 1722. There is a problem with the windows installer package......."
3. if i want to install real player plugins for internet explorer it says
"scripr: c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\ixp00.tmp\sta rtmsi.vbs
line-17, char-1,error-Permission denied.....
4. Even worse when i try to download files from internet explorer to my
desktop or any drive it says:
"destination folder acess denied"-even if i allow as so called administrator.
5. Some of the other software fails to install due to unable to write to
"error opening to write-acess is denied".
From these, I think i have no acess as an administrator, tried to open new
user account but cannot solve it. Also, I tried to enable the vista
administrator but couldn't do it.
Pls. suggest some ideas and solution
Thanks alot for your time