IPsec and user certificates

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Riccardo

IPsec and user certificates
I use to share my disc with a couple of computer with the Vista Adv.
Firewall set to "Allow only secure connections" and preshared key as IPsec
authentication method.
I would like to use the user certificates method in IPsec and of course I
don't have an official certificate. Is there somebody who can teach me how
to generate a personal certificate and share this certificate with the
other computers?
Is there someting like the ssh public and private key generation?
Thanks in advance,
Riccardo
Jesper

RE: IPsec and user certificates
You will need to install a certificate server to do that. Windows Vista does
not have one. The Server versions of Windows do though, but setting them up
is non-trivial. This is a good place to get started:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...i/default.mspx

---

"Riccardo" wrote:

> I use to share my disc with a couple of computer with the Vista Adv.
> Firewall set to "Allow only secure connections" and preshared key as IPsec
> authentication method.
> I would like to use the user certificates method in IPsec and of course I
> don't have an official certificate. Is there somebody who can teach me how
> to generate a personal certificate and share this certificate with the
> other computers?
> Is there someting like the ssh public and private key generation?
> Thanks in advance,
> Riccardo

Riccardo

Re: IPsec and user certificates