Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

NoSpam

Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
I keep having a problem installing Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack
1 which was released today.
error Code 80070001.

Can't get rig of it, it's in a loop. Asking me to
install this update which is NOT ment for vista.

Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack is ment for windows xp, NOT vista!

Come On! Microsoft, What are you doing????

Mr. Arnold

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

"NoSpam" <tedjf1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I keep having a problem installing Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack
>1 which was released today.
> error Code 80070001.
>

> Can't get rig of it, it's in a loop. Asking me to install this update
> which is NOT ment for vista.
>
> Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack is ment for windows xp, NOT
> vista!
>
> Come On! Microsoft, What are you doing????

It would be nice if you know what you were talking about.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/867460

The .Net Framework is not meant for any particular MS O/S platform.

There can be Framework 1.1, 2.0, 3.0 and 3.5 install on the same workstation
or server, based on what need or needs for or a particular version of the a
..Net solution is using. A .Net solution that's on your machine could have
installed version 1.1 which is used by .Net 2003. Framework 2.0 is for .Net
2005 solutions.

It must be that 1.1 is on your machine, it has been detected, and you don't
know that it's there, possibly.

NoSpam

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
Let me explain,

I have VISTA 32-BIT Operating System and windows Update keeps trying to
install in a loop the Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack, and fails
because this update is ment for windows xp, NOT VISTA!!!

Yes! I look at the info on it, it still says that its ment for windows xp,
no where does it say this update is for VISTA!!

Again! Microsoft are you going to fix this problem?!?!?

> Let me explain,
>
> I have VISTA 32-BIT Operating System and windows Update keeps trying to
> install in a loop the Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack, and fails
> because this update is ment for windows xp, NOT VISTA!!!
>
> Yes! I look at the info on it, it still says that its ment for windows xp,
> no where does it say this update is for VISTA!!
>
> Again! Microsoft are you going to fix this problem?!?!?

What are you talking about? There is not one line in that link that says the
SP1 for the framework 1.1 is solely for XP.

Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS Rocks [MVP]

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
And 1.1 sp1 wasn't released on MU today.

Mr. Arnold wrote:

> "NoSpam" <tedjf1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Let me explain,
>>
>> I have VISTA 32-BIT Operating System and windows Update keeps trying
>> to install in a loop the Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack, and
>> fails because this update is ment for windows xp, NOT VISTA!!!
>>
>> Yes! I look at the info on it, it still says that its ment for windows
>> xp, no where does it say this update is for VISTA!!
>>
>> Again! Microsoft are you going to fix this problem?!?!?

> What are you talking about? There is not one line in that link that says
> the SP1 for the framework 1.1 is solely for XP.

M Recanter

re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 -NoSpam
Me too, I keep getting the New Updates available icon. I tried everything from uninstalling the temporary files to disabling, re-enabling the update feature. NOthing will install or get rid of it!

What's happening at Microsoft? Who is working over there anyways?

M. Recanter
www.foundahost.com

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Doug

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:57:26 -0800, Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS
Rocks [MVP] wrote:

> And 1.1 sp1 wasn't released on MU today.
>
> Mr. Arnold wrote:
>>
>> "NoSpam" <tedjf1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Let me explain,
>>>
>>> I have VISTA 32-BIT Operating System and windows Update keeps trying
>>> to install in a loop the Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 Service Pack, and
>>> fails because this update is ment for windows xp, NOT VISTA!!!
>>>
>>> Yes! I look at the info on it, it still says that its ment for windows
>>> xp, no where does it say this update is for VISTA!!
>>>
>>> Again! Microsoft are you going to fix this problem?!?!?

>> What are you talking about? There is not one line in that link that
>> says the SP1 for the framework 1.1 is solely for XP.

Ummm..... wrong

According the the screen I am looking at .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 was last
published on 11/28/2007. This was from the Details tab on the MS Update
site.
Althought the MS download page has a release date of 08/30/2004. And
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867460 has a revision date of
06/11/2007.

MS Update also thinks I have Office 2003 installed and need SP3 when I
have been running 2007 for the past 4 months.

And I am also having problems getting Framework 1.1 sp1 to install. And I
am running XP.

Doug

EnergySka@gmail.com

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
I am running Vista Business 32 Bit, and this solution WORKS for me.

Windows update is looking for the installer file for .NET Framework
(dated 2004) which you can get from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...B-A83353618B38

Reboot, then you can go back can use Windows Update to install the new
security update.

Credit to Mark's post http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1196364537

On Nov 29, 7:01 pm, Doug <Doug_remove_th...@sbsgroup.co.nz> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:57:26 -0800, Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS
>

> Rocks [MVP] wrote:
> > And1.1sp1 wasn't released on MU today.

> > Mr. Arnold wrote:

> >> "NoSpam" <ted...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> >> What are you talking about? There is not one line in that link that
> >> says the SP1 for theframework1.1is solely for XP.

> Ummm..... wrong
>
> According the the screen I am looking at .NETFramework1.1SP1 was last
> published on 11/28/2007. This was from the Details tab on the MS Update
> site.
> Althought the MS download page has a release date of 08/30/2004. Andhttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867460has a revision date of
> 06/11/2007.
>
> MS Update also thinks I have Office 2003 installed and need SP3 when I
> have been running 2007 for the past 4 months.
>
> And I am also having problems gettingFramework1.1sp1 to install. And I
> am running XP.
>
> Doug

EnergySka

Re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
If you are not redirected automatically; Use this link for the 2004
version of the .NET installer then follow instructions below:

On Nov 29, 7:21 pm, Energy...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am running Vista Business 32 Bit, and this solution WORKS for me.
>
> Windows update is looking for the installer file for .NETFramework
> (dated 2004) which you can get fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A8F5654F-088...
>
> Reboot, then you can go back can use Windows Update to install the new
> security update.
>
> Credit to Mark's posthttp://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1196364537
>
> On Nov 29, 7:01 pm, Doug <Doug_remove_th...@sbsgroup.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:57:26 -0800, Susan Bradley, CPA aka Ebitz - SBS

> > Rocks [MVP] wrote:
> > > And1.1sp1 wasn't released on MU today.

> > Ummm..... wrong

> > According the the screen I am looking at .NETFramework1.1SP1 was last
> > published on 11/28/2007. This was from the Details tab on the MS Update
> > site.
> > Althought the MS download page has a release date of 08/30/2004. Andhttp://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=867460hasa revision date of
> > 06/11/2007.

> > MS Update also thinks I have Office 2003 installed and need SP3 when I
> > have been running 2007 for the past 4 months.

> > And I am also having problems gettingFramework1.1sp1 to install. And I
> > am running XP.

> > Doug

Reid

re: Update failure - Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 - NoSpam
After contacting MS Windows support, it was their impression that a component
of the file was corrupt and listed a half dozen steps to uninstall and
re-install the file. What a burden.
Possibly as previously suggested, if all who have this problem send MS a
query, they might get the message that this isn't an isolated problem. ???