How to turn on file encryption

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Siva283

How to turn on file encryption
I am new to windows vista and not very familiar with it yet but here is my
problem when i right click on a file and go to properties and then click the
advanced tab to get to where you can eithier compress the file or encrypt it
the encrpt box is dimmed out and it wont let me encrypt it it will however
let me compress it i know you cant do both but what i really need to know is
how to get it to let me encrypt the folder and files it contains i am logged
on as administrator and i am running windows explorer as the administrator. I
also cant get it to work using the commandline and ciypher command with the
appropriate switches if anyone can help me with this it would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.
brink

Re: How to turn on file encryption

Siva283;527681 Wrote:
> I am new to windows vista and not very familiar with it yet but here is
> my
> problem when i right click on a file and go to properties and then
> click the
> advanced tab to get to where you can eithier compress the file or
> encrypt it
> the encrpt box is dimmed out and it wont let me encrypt it it will
> however
> let me compress it i know you cant do both but what i really need to
> know is
> how to get it to let me encrypt the folder and files it contains i am
> logged
> on as administrator and i am running windows explorer as the
> administrator. I
> also cant get it to work using the commandline and ciypher command with
> the
> appropriate switches if anyone can help me with this it would be
> greatly
> appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi Siva,

This tutorial will show you how to enable Encryption again.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/10...le-enable.html

Shawn

--
brink