Worm

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

UNIT86

Worm
Hello i really really need help getting rid or sorting this worm.
i done a xsoft spy scan the other day and it found a worm in the
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UNREGMP2.EXE
i tryed removeing it but its still there,
so can someone please help me thank you..
Malke

Re: Worm
UNIT86 wrote:
> Hello i really really need help getting rid or sorting this worm.
> i done a xsoft spy scan the other day and it found a worm in the
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UNREGMP2.EXE
> i tryed removeing it but its still there,
> so can someone please help me thank you..

Go through these general malware removal steps systematically -

Include scanning with David Lipman's Multi_AV and follow instructions to
do all scans in Safe Mode. Please see the special Notes regarding using
Multi_AV in Vista.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Multi-AV - instructions
http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/siche...ning_tool.html
- download site

The site is in German but David's tool is in English so don't let that
worry you. Scroll all the way down to almost the bottom of the page and
you'll see a box titled "Infos Zum Download - Multi-AV Scanning Tool".
You'll see "Download von www pctipp.ch" and the live link to download
Multi_AV.

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the first link above (not here, please).

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. Since Vista is so new, it will be a while before removal
techniques and tools are developed. If you are unable to remove the
infection by following the general steps, register at one of the
HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard caveat: If the procedures look too complex - and there is no
shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a
professional computer repair shop (not your local version of
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may
be so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all
your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Mr. Arnold

Re: Worm

"UNIT86" <UNIT86 @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello i really really need help getting rid or sorting this worm.
> i done a xsoft spy scan the other day and it found a worm in the
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\UNREGMP2.EXE
> i tryed removeing it but its still there,
> so can someone please help me thank you..

You should post o an AV NG where there a people there to help you, and they
can point you to the tools needed.

Chinatiger

Re: Worm
You can create a new .txt document but rename .exe

"UNIT86" <UNIT86 @discussions.microsoft.com> 写入消息

Say my name, worm Paul Security News 0 06-11-2007 18:20
ANI worm Paul Security News 0 04-01-2007 14:41
Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov.Email-Worm.Win32.Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov.jx Paul Security News 0 03-05-2007 10:46
Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov.Email-Worm.Win32.Email-Worm.Win32.Warezov.jx Paul Security News 0 03-03-2007 10:56
3/1: SunOS/Wanuk.worm Detects Solaris Telnet Worm Paul Security News 0 03-01-2007 22:49