suspect virus- wont uninstall

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

memo

suspect virus- wont uninstall
Hi
unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and when I
open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and tells me
that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
Trojan.zlob-X.a.
the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows defender
are not picking up on the problem!!!
Help!!!
Malke

Re: suspect virus- wont uninstall
memo wrote:
> Hi
> unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and when I
> open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and tells me
> that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
> Trojan.zlob-X.a.
> the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows defender
> are not picking up on the problem!!!
> Help!!!

Do the preparatory steps here:

Then do the specific removal steps here:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...itfraud_Trojan -
Smitfraud, Spyaxe, Spyfalcon

You can also check to see if there are targeted removal steps for your
malware here:
Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

When all else fails, run HijackThis and post your log in one of the
specialty forums listed at the first link above (not here, please).

Not all tools used will work in Vista and you will need to run them
elevated. Since Vista is so new, it will be a while before removal
techniques and tools are developed. If you are unable to remove the
infection by following the general steps, register at one of the
HijackThis forums as suggested.

Standard caveat: If the procedures look too complex - and there is no
shame in admitting this isn't your cup of tea - take the machine to a
professional computer repair shop (not your local version of
BigComputerStore/GeekSquad). Please be aware that not all local shops
are skilled at removing malware and even if they are, your computer may
be so infested that Windows will need to be clean-installed. Have all
your data backed up before you take the machine into a shop.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: suspect virus- wont uninstall
Go to this web site and follow the instructions given..

Mike Hall - MVP

"memo" <memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and when I
> open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and tells
> me
> that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
> Trojan.zlob-X.a.
> the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows
> defender
> are not picking up on the problem!!!
> Help!!!

memo

Re: suspect virus- wont uninstall
thanks a million only problem is that i amnt great on computers and it doesnt
make a lot of sense but ill try!!!
thanks a million for your help!!!

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> Go to this web site and follow the instructions given..
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114240.html
>
> --
> Mike Hall - MVP
>

> "memo" <memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and when I
> > open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and tells
> > me
> > that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
> > Trojan.zlob-X.a.
> > the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows
> > defender
> > are not picking up on the problem!!!
> > Help!!!

Mike Hall - MVP

Re: suspect virus- wont uninstall
You will be by the time you make it through all of that. :-) Assuming that
you get it done, and I am sure you will, the task at hand will be a reminder
to you to be careful in the future. Regardless of any software protection in
use, as a user you will have to be astute. The bad guys get smarter by the
day, and we have to get smarter to in order to keep pace with them.

Good luck..

--

> thanks a million only problem is that i amnt great on computers and it
> doesnt
> make a lot of sense but ill try!!!
> thanks a million for your help!!!
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:
>
>> Go to this web site and follow the instructions given..
>>
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114240.html
>>
>> --
>> Mike Hall - MVP
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/default.aspx
>>

>> "memo" <memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> > unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and
>> > when I
>> > open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and
>> > tells
>> > me
>> > that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
>> > Trojan.zlob-X.a.
>> > the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows
>> > defender
>> > are not picking up on the problem!!!
>> > Help!!!

Greg

Re: suspect virus- wont uninstall
There are "ads" trying to trick users into clicking - telling you you
need some removal tool, only to install a trojan or virus or something
on your system -

I use Norton Internet Security 2008 (total rewrite? looks and runs
better than NIS2007) and got a couple updates today for Antibot, virus
definitions, etc.

I would use FireFox 3.0 beta along with NoScript and never click on
"survey" or asking for information... and definitely don't succumb to
fraud.

"memo" <memo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> unknowingly a program called IE Defender was installed on my pc and
> when I
> open any website or am on line and move pages a textbox appears and
> tells me
> that my system is probably infected with the latest version of
> Trojan.zlob-X.a.
> the problem is that It will not uninstall and norton 360 or windows
> defender
> are not picking up on the problem!!!
> Help!!!

Sherry Amor

Trojan
I have just gotten rid of this virus from my computer and hour ago. I downloaded superantispyware and it got rid of it. I was so easy. Ad -Aware did not evn detect it. It really works. Try it.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Sherry Amor