Random Security Warnings

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Eric

Random Security Warnings
I have Vista 32 Premium, and I use Windows Defender for malware protection,
Avast! Home for virus protection, and Windows Firewall as my firewall. All
of them are on 100% of the time, and I run regular scans. I've been using
that setup for 4 or 5 months with no problem.

But yesturday, I got a warning from the Security Center telling me I have no
virus or malware protection. I checked Avast and Defender and they are both
running. I had both of them run the most thurough scans they can, and
nothing came up. But Vista still thinks I have no virus or malware
protection.

In Secturity Cetner, I chose the I have antivirus software running and I
will monitor it myself option for virus protection. But when I click the
turn on defender button, Vista attempts to update the malware database and
then does nothing.

I tried restarting my PC, but get them same security warnings. This is
really anoying. Any idea what else I can try?

Thanks!

Eric
Charlie42

Re: Random Security Warnings
"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in:

>I have Vista 32 Premium, and I use Windows Defender for malware protection,
> Avast! Home for virus protection, and Windows Firewall as my firewall.
> All
> of them are on 100% of the time, and I run regular scans. I've been using
> that setup for 4 or 5 months with no problem.
>
> But yesturday, I got a warning from the Security Center telling me I have
> no
> virus or malware protection. I checked Avast and Defender and they are
> both
> running. I had both of them run the most thurough scans they can, and
> nothing came up. But Vista still thinks I have no virus or malware
> protection.
>
> In Secturity Cetner, I chose the I have antivirus software running and I
> will monitor it myself option for virus protection. But when I click the
> turn on defender button, Vista attempts to update the malware database and
> then does nothing.
>
> I tried restarting my PC, but get them same security warnings. This is
> really anoying. Any idea what else I can try?

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...xp=&sloc=en-us

Charlie42

shell

RE: Random Security Warnings
I am having the exact same problem !!!! Help!