Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

Koz

Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files
When Word 2003 tries to save files to a subfolder in My Documents access is
denied. I cannot permanently change the permission for this folder to allow
files to be saved. I can access the button to change permission and save
this choice but when I check permission again it is reset toread only.) The
account is administrator.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files
"My Documents" under Vista is not really a folder: it is a "junction point" for
backwards compatibility with older programs.

Save your documents in Documents (or a sup-folder you create) with Vista.

I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Koz" <Koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When Word 2003 tries to save files to a subfolder in My Documents access is
> denied. I cannot permanently change the permission for this folder to allow
> files to be saved. I can access the button to change permission and save
> this choice but when I check permission again it is reset toread only.) The
> account is administrator.

Koz

Re: Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files
Thanks! I will give this a try.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> "My Documents" under Vista is not really a folder: it is a "junction point" for
> backwards compatibility with older programs.
>
> Save your documents in Documents (or a sup-folder you create) with Vista.
>

> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Koz" <Koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When Word 2003 tries to save files to a subfolder in My Documents access is
> > denied. I cannot permanently change the permission for this folder to allow
> > files to be saved. I can access the button to change permission and save
> > this choice but when I check permission again it is reset toread only.) The
> > account is administrator.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files
You're welcome.

You should not attempt change anything for these "junction points" (i.e.
anything preceded by "My") or you could do serious damage to your Windows
installation .

By the way, that should be suB-folder!

> Thanks! I will give this a try.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> "My Documents" under Vista is not really a folder: it is a "junction point"
>> for
>> backwards compatibility with older programs.
>>
>> Save your documents in Documents (or a sup-folder you create) with Vista.
>>

>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Koz" <Koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When Word 2003 tries to save files to a subfolder in My Documents access is
>> > denied. I cannot permanently change the permission for this folder to allow
>> > files to be saved. I can access the button to change permission and save
>> > this choice but when I check permission again it is reset toread only.) The
>> > account is administrator.

Koz

Re: Vista Blocks Word 2003 Saving Files
I tried to save documents in subfolder by changing where Word 2003 saves
files. Despite this, Save As still tries to save a file in My Documents. I
cannot find anywhere to change this, including the registry. Any suggestions
are very welcome!