Error 1079

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

tjebme

Error 1079
When I try to start Security Center in Services I get the following message:
"Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer. Error
1079: the account specified for this service is different from the account
specified for other services running in the same process."

I am using Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions on how to fix this error?
Thanks.
Mr. Arnold

Re: Error 1079

"tjebme" <tjebme@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I try to start Security Center in Services I get the following
> message:
> "Windows could not start the Security Center service on Local Computer.
> Error
> 1079: the account specified for this service is different from the account
> specified for other services running in the same process."
>
> I am using Vista Home Premium. Any suggestions on how to fix this error?
> Thanks.

I think you need to use the Local Service account, which should be placed in
(use This Account). The link talks about other NT classed O/S(s) which Vista
is part of that class.

Yes, the link is talking about other NT classed O/S(s).

<http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/bb03e8f6-ead9-422b-bd83-a82ba038ab101033.mspx?mfr=true>

You cannot give a psw for Local Service, and should clear the psw boxes out
I would think.

The SC services on my Vista machine is use Local Service (not to be confused
with Local System).

tjebme

Re: Error 1079
Thank you. After following your suggestion Security Center now starts in
Services. However, when I right click on Security Center in Services, choose
Properties and select the Dependencies tab I get an error message that says
"Win32: The account specified for this service is different from the account
specified for other services running the same process."

> Thank you. After following your suggestion Security Center now starts in
> Services. However, when I right click on Security Center in Services,
> choose
> Properties and select the Dependencies tab I get an error message that
> says
> "Win32: The account specified for this service is different from the
> account
> specified for other services running the same process."

You're in a tough situation. You could be making a long chase sitting user
account on services. But since this is happening when going to Properties
and Dependency tab for the service and is not stopping the service from
running, I don't know if you should push it any further.

The thing would be to find out what services a dependent upon the Security
Center service and go with that angel. You can always use Google and look up
the error message above for solutions.

If you have some kind of software warrantee support from the computer
manufacture or MS, then you might want to contact them about this situation.

tjebme

Re: Error 1079
Thanks. I had Googled it, but didn't find much that was helpful. My machine
is an X61 Tablet. Unfortunately, Lenovo's tech support is worthless based on
my past experience. Was hoping to avoid wiping my machine and starting fresh,
but I'll probably have to do that once I get a chance. Thanks for your time.

> Thanks. I had Googled it, but didn't find much that was helpful. My
> machine
> is an X61 Tablet. Unfortunately, Lenovo's tech support is worthless based
> on
> my past experience. Was hoping to avoid wiping my machine and starting
> fresh,
> but I'll probably have to do that once I get a chance. Thanks for your
> time.

I would go with a Repair install or Upgrade install over the top of the
existing O/S to see if that corrects the problem first. The Upgrade install
will install the O/S again, but it will leave all other programs as is so
that they can be run without doing a re-install of the applications. I would
do that before I would just wipe out the O/S