Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2007
jsoup@pobox.com
 

Posts: n/a
LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error

GPO error out because LSASRV on Corispoding error on server?
How should I tourbleshoot this problem???
Thank in advance


- System

- Provider

[ Name] LsaSrv

- EventID 40961

[ Qualifiers] 32768

Level 3

Task 3

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-11-14T04:23:50.000Z

EventRecordID 33637

Channel System

Computer xxx.xxxxx.xxx

Security


- EventData

ldap/Ser3.Fool1.net/fool1.net@fool1.NET > I change the Name only
03030980


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Binary data:


In Words

0000: 80090303


In Bytes

0000: 03 03 09 80 ...?



This is seen for the the processing of Group Policy failed. Windows
attempted to retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or
computer. Look in the details tab for error code and description.
Windows will automatically retry this operation at the next refresh
cycle. Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution
and network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new
Group Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group
Policy is successful.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy
[ Guid] {aea1b4fa-97d1-45f2-a64c-4d69fffd92c9}

EventID 1030

Version 0

Level 2

Task 0

Opcode 1

Keywords 0x8000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2007-11-14T04:23:50.101Z

EventRecordID 33638

- Correlation

[ ActivityID] {66853CD0-F427-4E36-860B-6DF433A859C9}

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 1328
[ ThreadID] 2888

Channel System

Computer cXX.XXXXX.xxx

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-21-421679313-4007569711-4034554478-1136


- EventData

SupportInfo1 1
SupportInfo2 1986
ProcessingMode 0
ProcessingTimeInMilliseconds 4477
ErrorCode 1326
ErrorDescription Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
DCName \\XX.XXXXX.xxx
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
Is the SBS server the only DNS server the Vista client is pointing to? Are
reverse zones enabled on the SBS DNS server?

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


<jsoup@pobox.com> wrote in message
news:04noj3hbiem8lefif8klc36evngbkrcv2q@4ax.com...
>
> GPO error out because LSASRV on Corispoding error on server?
> How should I tourbleshoot this problem???
> Thank in advance
>
>
> - System
>
> - Provider
>
> [ Name] LsaSrv
>
> - EventID 40961
>
> [ Qualifiers] 32768
>
> Level 3
>
> Task 3
>
> Keywords 0x80000000000000
>
> - TimeCreated
>
> [ SystemTime] 2007-11-14T04:23:50.000Z
>
> EventRecordID 33637
>
> Channel System
>
> Computer xxx.xxxxx.xxx
>
> Security
>
>
> - EventData
>
> ldap/Ser3.Fool1.net/fool1.net@fool1.NET > I change the Name only
> 03030980
>
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Binary data:
>
>
> In Words
>
> 0000: 80090303
>
>
> In Bytes
>
> 0000: 03 03 09 80 ...?
>
>
>
> This is seen for the the processing of Group Policy failed. Windows
> attempted to retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or
> computer. Look in the details tab for error code and description.
> Windows will automatically retry this operation at the next refresh
> cycle. Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution
> and network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new
> Group Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group
> Policy is successful.
>
> - System
>
> - Provider
>
> [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy
> [ Guid] {aea1b4fa-97d1-45f2-a64c-4d69fffd92c9}
>
> EventID 1030
>
> Version 0
>
> Level 2
>
> Task 0
>
> Opcode 1
>
> Keywords 0x8000000000000000
>
> - TimeCreated
>
> [ SystemTime] 2007-11-14T04:23:50.101Z
>
> EventRecordID 33638
>
> - Correlation
>
> [ ActivityID] {66853CD0-F427-4E36-860B-6DF433A859C9}
>
> - Execution
>
> [ ProcessID] 1328
> [ ThreadID] 2888
>
> Channel System
>
> Computer cXX.XXXXX.xxx
>
> - Security
>
> [ UserID] S-1-5-21-421679313-4007569711-4034554478-1136
>
>
> - EventData
>
> SupportInfo1 1
> SupportInfo2 1986
> ProcessingMode 0
> ProcessingTimeInMilliseconds 4477
> ErrorCode 1326
> ErrorDescription Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.
> DCName \\XX.XXXXX.xxx


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
compass
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:34:17 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
<kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:

>Is the SBS server the only DNS server the Vista client is pointing to? Are
>reverse zones enabled on the SBS DNS serve


I know this problem is hard to troubleshoot. I have spent months with
it.
IT is a vista only problem. No corresponding entry in the other XP
workstation.
There are no corresponding time entries on the server ether. Thus I
think the problem is on the Vista system.
The SBS has 5 users on it. Vista GPO issues
The Time Sync is working.
The timing of the event shows "LsaSrv" is the Negotiate Security
Package. it is a specialized Security Support Provider (SSP) that
acts as an application layer between the Security Support Provider
Interface (SSPI) and the other SSPs. When an application calls into
SSPI to log a security principal onto a network, it can specify an SSP
to process that request.
Error 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolic
Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM LsaSrv
Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:43 AM LsaSrv

I have tried all the hot fix and read all GPO and vista issues.
Without a corresponding time entries on the server I have to assume it
never got there.
I show no corresponding time entry being stopped By the ISA.
I don't think window live onecare is blocking this. I could be wrong.
I just don't have knowledge to go further.

Please don't dump this call because it HARD to troubleshoot.

This is the sequence of the events log (sample) from vista

Error 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy 1030
None The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to
retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or computer. Look in
the details tab for error code and description. Windows will
automatically retry this operation at the next refresh cycle.
Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution and
network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new Group
Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group Policy
is successful.
Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
System could not establish a secured connection with the server
ldap/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
protocol was available.
Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:43 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
System could not establish a secured connection with the server
LDAP/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
protocol was available.
Information 11/16/2007 5:12:37 AM Service Control Manager 7036
None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
the stopped state.
Information 11/16/2007 4:56:07 AM Service Control Manager 7036
None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
the running state.
Information 11/16/2007 4:13:48 AM Service Control Manager 7036
None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
the stopped state.
Information 11/16/2007 3:57:18 AM Service Control Manager 7036
None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
the running state.
Error 11/16/2007 3:51:41 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy 1030
None The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to
retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or computer. Look in
the details tab for error code and description. Windows will
automatically retry this operation at the next refresh cycle.
Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution and
network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new Group
Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group Policy
is successful.
Warning 11/16/2007 3:51:41 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
System could not establish a secured connection with the server
ldap/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
protocol was available.
Warning 11/16/2007 3:51:39 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
System could not establish a secured connection with the server
LDAP/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
protocol was available.
Information 11/16/2007 3:21:18 AM Service Control Manager 7036
None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
the stopped state.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
Please post the results of ipconfig /all from both the SBS server and an
affected Vista client.

Note that I will not be able to respond until Monday as I am away for the
weekend. If you pos the requested information someone else may be able to
help.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"compass" wrote in message
news:jq0rj3pp4iii5vsp1m90pq14kvrrqrcv9s@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 21:34:17 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
> <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:
>
>>Is the SBS server the only DNS server the Vista client is pointing to? Are
>>reverse zones enabled on the SBS DNS serve

>
> I know this problem is hard to troubleshoot. I have spent months with
> it.
> IT is a vista only problem. No corresponding entry in the other XP
> workstation.
> There are no corresponding time entries on the server ether. Thus I
> think the problem is on the Vista system.
> The SBS has 5 users on it. Vista GPO issues
> The Time Sync is working.
> The timing of the event shows "LsaSrv" is the Negotiate Security
> Package. it is a specialized Security Support Provider (SSP) that
> acts as an application layer between the Security Support Provider
> Interface (SSPI) and the other SSPs. When an application calls into
> SSPI to log a security principal onto a network, it can specify an SSP
> to process that request.
> Error 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolic
> Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM LsaSrv
> Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:43 AM LsaSrv
>
> I have tried all the hot fix and read all GPO and vista issues.
> Without a corresponding time entries on the server I have to assume it
> never got there.
> I show no corresponding time entry being stopped By the ISA.
> I don't think window live onecare is blocking this. I could be wrong.
> I just don't have knowledge to go further.
>
> Please don't dump this call because it HARD to troubleshoot.
>
> This is the sequence of the events log (sample) from vista
>
> Error 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy 1030
> None The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to
> retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or computer. Look in
> the details tab for error code and description. Windows will
> automatically retry this operation at the next refresh cycle.
> Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution and
> network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new Group
> Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group Policy
> is successful.
> Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:46 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
> System could not establish a secured connection with the server
> ldap/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
> protocol was available.
> Warning 11/16/2007 5:37:43 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
> System could not establish a secured connection with the server
> LDAP/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
> protocol was available.
> Information 11/16/2007 5:12:37 AM Service Control Manager 7036
> None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
> the stopped state.
> Information 11/16/2007 4:56:07 AM Service Control Manager 7036
> None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
> the running state.
> Information 11/16/2007 4:13:48 AM Service Control Manager 7036
> None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
> the stopped state.
> Information 11/16/2007 3:57:18 AM Service Control Manager 7036
> None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
> the running state.
> Error 11/16/2007 3:51:41 AM Microsoft-Windows-GroupPolicy 1030
> None The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to
> retrieve new Group Policy settings for this user or computer. Look in
> the details tab for error code and description. Windows will
> automatically retry this operation at the next refresh cycle.
> Computers joined to the domain must have proper name resolution and
> network connectivity to a domain controller for discovery of new Group
> Policy objects and settings. An event will be logged when Group Policy
> is successful.
> Warning 11/16/2007 3:51:41 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
> System could not establish a secured connection with the server
> ldap/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
> protocol was available.
> Warning 11/16/2007 3:51:39 AM LsaSrv 40961 (3) The Security
> System could not establish a secured connection with the server
> LDAP/sc4p.Compass4.net/Compass4.net@COMPASS4.NET. No authentication
> protocol was available.
> Information 11/16/2007 3:21:18 AM Service Control Manager 7036
> None The WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery Service service entered
> the stopped state.
>
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
compass
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:51:48 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
<kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:

>Please post the results of ipconfig /all from both the SBS server and an
>affected Vista client.
>
>Note that I will not be able to respond until Monday as I am away for the
>weekend. If you pos the requested information someone else may be able to
>help.


VISTA Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : c4xp
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Compass4.net
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Compass4.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Compass4.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-92-7B-E6-2B
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
fe80::ac82:43e8:28d2:a1da%7(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.15(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 14, 2007
9:23:50 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, November 22, 2007
9:23:47 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 184556178
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection*:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Compass4.net
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.Compass4.net
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
fe80::5efe:192.168.32.15%11(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling
Pseudo-Interface
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

SBS 2003 SP2 Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : sc4p
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Compass4.net
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Compass4.net

Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 5751 Gigabit
Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-20-01-DD-AA
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2

Ethernet adapter Internet Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Linksys NC100 Fast Ethernet
Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-17-53-AD-3A
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.20
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
I don't see anything obvious there. Is the server up to date on service
packs, especially the Vista fixes for SBS 2003 server and at least ISA 2004
service pack 2? Is the Vista client running the Vista ISA client software?

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...4-e0c8c169fac3

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"compass" wrote in message
news:alhrj3dqf6mblbj2gphae4quq7druqsflh@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 07:51:48 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
> <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:
>
>>Please post the results of ipconfig /all from both the SBS server and an
>>affected Vista client.
>>
>>Note that I will not be able to respond until Monday as I am away for the
>>weekend. If you pos the requested information someone else may be able to
>>help.

>
> VISTA Windows IP Configuration
>
> Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : c4xp
> Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Compass4.net
> Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
> IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Compass4.net
>
> Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Compass4.net
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : NVIDIA nForce Networking
> Controller
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-1A-92-7B-E6-2B
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
> Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
> Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
> fe80::ac82:43e8:28d2:a1da%7(Preferred)
> IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.15(Preferred)
> Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
> Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, November 14, 2007
> 9:23:50 PM
> Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Thursday, November 22, 2007
> 9:23:47 PM
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 184556178
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled
>
> Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection*:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Compass4.net
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : isatap.Compass4.net
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
> Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :
> fe80::5efe:192.168.32.15%11(Preferred)
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled
>
> Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 10:
>
> Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling
> Pseudo-Interface
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 02-00-54-55-4E-01
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
>
> SBS 2003 SP2 Windows IP Configuration
>
> Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : sc4p
> Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . : Compass4.net
> Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
> IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : Yes
> WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
> DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Compass4.net
>
> Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom NetXtreme 5751 Gigabit
> Controller
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-13-20-01-DD-AA
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
>
> Ethernet adapter Internet Network Connection:
>
> Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
> Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Linksys NC100 Fast Ethernet
> Adapter
> Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-12-17-53-AD-3A
> DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No
> IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.20
> Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
> Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1
> DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.32.2
> NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-16-2007
compass
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:05:45 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
<kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:

>Vista ISA client software

Install SP3 on ISA
Install Vista Client ISA firewall

No change, problem still present.

Suggestion on how to isolate the workstation as the issue?
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
First make sure you have the latest Broadcom driver for the server NIC. Make
sure the Vista client also has the latest NIC driver.

Create a new OU that has all group policies disabled. Move the computer and
a user to this OU. Start enabling policies one at a time until you find the
culprit.

gpresult is good tool to use during this testing.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"compass" wrote in message
news:v90sj396i6n5mtgj0e9ak0ucjnfkjcfm50@4ax.com...
> On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 09:05:45 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
> <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:
>
>>Vista ISA client software

> Install SP3 on ISA
> Install Vista Client ISA firewall
>
> No change, problem still present.
>
> Suggestion on how to isolate the workstation as the issue?


Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007
compass
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:32:01 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
<kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:

>First make sure you have the latest Broadcom driver for the server NIC. Make
>sure the Vista client also has the latest NIC driver.
>
>Create a new OU that has all group policies disabled. Move the computer and
>a user to this OU. Start enabling policies one at a time until you find the
>culprit.
>
>gpresult is good tool to use during this testing.



The is ON a SBS2003 sp2 prem. all XP system NO problem just Vista
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-21-2007
Kerry Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: LsaSrv 40961 No authentication protocol was available. Vist to SBS 2003 sp2 For GPO error
So isolate the Vista computer and find out what is causing this. I manage
several SBS servers a couple of which have some Vista Business and Ultimate
clients. I'm not seeing this error on either network. Something that is
running or a group policy is doing something Vista doesn't like. You'll have
to do some troubleshooting to find out what.

--
Kerry Brown
Microsoft MVP - Shell/User
http://www.vistahelp.ca


"compass" wrote in message
newsff6k31p7o4um9pnmae2p6tc2vie5e80ae@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 07:32:01 -0800, "Kerry Brown"
> <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsys-tems.c*a*m> wrote:
>
>>First make sure you have the latest Broadcom driver for the server NIC.
>>Make
>>sure the Vista client also has the latest NIC driver.
>>
>>Create a new OU that has all group policies disabled. Move the computer
>>and
>>a user to this OU. Start enabling policies one at a time until you find
>>the
>>culprit.
>>
>>gpresult is good tool to use during this testing.

>
>
> The is ON a SBS2003 sp2 prem. all XP system NO problem just Vista


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Problemas vista -sbs 2003 r2 Miquel Bernat microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 1 10-31-2007 15:23
VISTA e SBS 2003 Marcello microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 1 07-13-2007 09:36
De Workgroup a Dominio SBS 2003 Teo microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 0 07-12-2007 16:09
Updating Avast AV from a Vist Client through SBS 2003 Ray Cassick microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-25-2007 01:36
Vista on SBS 2003 =?Utf-8?B?c2FsZXNndXk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 4 01-03-2007 21:49




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:22.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120