The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

rq

The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.
I get this message on a sub-screen when trying to install the AXIS program to view these live cams.

The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.

CAn someone tell me how to get around this problem in viewing a live webcam. What does not being registered signifiy, I watched these webcams for years before this problem show up, is it a Vista specific thing.

Here is the link

http://www.edmontonairports.com/airport_guide/live_cam#

You then click on one of the pictures, and you go to a live cam. Thanks for any advice.

rq

Michael Walraven

Re: The AXIS Media Control, which enables you to view live image streams in Microsoft Internet Explorer, could not be registered on your computer.
You may be being hit with security settings within IE.
If you check
Internet Options
Security Tab
Custom level
You will see a bunch of options for ActiveX controls and plugins one or more of these is probably what is preventing the control.

Rather than make changes in the security settings for the 'Internet' I would suggest adding the site to 'trusted sites'.
Then for trusted sites I would TEMPORALLY change the security to 'Low' and try again. After it is downloaded be sure to reset the security setting to default.

This assumes you really do trust that site (It looked legit to me).

Michael
Vista Home premium